Tow Vehicle, 6'4" vs 8' box, Crew vs Mega, DA vs SA

JDAstroPhoto

52 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

This is a fairly well known artifact of LED headlamps in general. People find them too bright. I like you approach (same as mine) little taste of SuperDuty high beams usually does the trick!

Brian

I love my LEDs. I call the high beams my landing lights. As good as any I've seen on an aircraft. 

Speaking of aircraft, I love your "Tug" and "Tail #" reference in your signature line. I hadn't thought of that but I like it. 

• Like 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
1 hour ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

John,  I agree with @snakeriveridaho - the airbags will level your headlights and then some. The trick is to find the happy medium where your headlights are level and you are not bounced out of your seat when you hit a bump.  I usually run about 20 psi when loaded down and 10 psi unloaded.

I cheaped out and decided not to get air on board, or the remote, or the app, etc.  Old school, manual air fill is fine by me.

One week before we pick up the LE II.

Brian

I had already installed an ARB Twin air compressor system on my truck, so the air bags were a no brainer. I only had to add the bluetooth control system to the kit. 

You guys are probably getting the willies with delivery only a week away. We're about six weeks out so I'm getting more focused on getting all the related things in order. 

States Visited Map

32 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

I had already installed an ARB Twin air compressor system on my truck

Yes, we are getting the willies! We recently sold our 30 Airstream so I have a good amount of the needful but still have things to prepare.  We are 90 minutes away from the factory in TN up by Murray, KY so if you need a stop over on the way back home, we have a driveway and 30 amp.

Where did you end up putting your twin ARB compressor?  Do you have pictures?  That is the one I am looking at but cannot decide where I want it.

Brian

41 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

Speaking of aircraft, I love your "Tug" and "Tail #" reference in your signature line. I hadn't thought of that but I like it. 

Thanks!  You must have been around some aircraft with you reference to landing lights, I agree, I have the same ones on mine.

Are you guys planning to go to the rally in May?

Brian

6 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Yes, we are getting the willies! We recently sold our 30 Airstream so I have a good amount of the needful but still have things to prepare.  We are 90 minutes away from the factory in TN up by Murray, KY so if you need a stop over on the way back home, we have a driveway and 30 amp.

Where did you end up putting your twin ARB compressor?  Do you have pictures?  That is the one I am looking at but cannot decide where I want it.

Brian

We are booked for the rally and looking forward to meeting everyone there.

The ARB is not fully installed yet but will be mounted vertically on the side of the driver's side battery under the hood. This makes for a very short connection to the battery. If you don't have dual batteries there's even more room. The concept for the install is in this thread:

https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/another-arb-compressor-install.9918/#post-211910

States Visited Map

33 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

The concept for the install is in this thread:

That is awesome, I do have dual batteries and would be using up-fitter switches. I just don't have the means to make those parts right now. If you have a machine shop and are planning to duplicate this I would gladly pay for a second set of brackets.  Definitely gave me something to think about.

I read he was installing an air tank in the spare tire area. I have seen some installs where it takes the place of the spare. Not interested in that though.

Are you going straight from the compressor or to a tank first?

We are also registered for the rally, sounds like a good time.

Brian

• Like 1