Norcold Fridge control panel/plastic is loose

AlbertNTerri

Hull #1125 Norcold model N412.3F top plastic piece that contains the control panel/buttons is loose along the top edge. There's no obvious screws to tighten, I'm thinking I'm going to have to slide the fridge out to access the top of the plastic piece to tighten it down, Has anyone had any similar problems with this unit? it just turned one year-old. I have not opened a service ticket (yet).

spacer.png

Albert & Terri Sterns

Paonia, Colorado

Elite II Hull #1125 Standard Floorplan / 2017 Ford F250 gas

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

It is important to notify Oliver and start a ticket. They can walk you through what needs to be done.

support@olivertraveltrailers.com

You will get an immediate return e-mail with your ticket number. Within a short time I usually get a phone call.

Good Luck. Please share the outcome.

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNYimage.jpeg.9e7303babcb28d7f6badb799734c6e44.jpeg

@AlbertNTerri

There maybe another member here on the fourm that has had this similar issue and maybe able to help out with some advice.
Hopefully they will chime in!
Also a quick call to Mike Sharpe or Jason Essary might help you with a quick solution. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

Yeh, I was hoping someone would chime in, but alas, I just submitted a ticket. I'm hoping it won't be too much of a hassle to pull the fridge out and figure out what it will take to re attach the top piece of plastic. For the time being it's being held in place with some nice wide blue paper tape. 

We were getting ready to move the trailer when I noticed the loose piece so I really didn't have the time to fully address it, there's no problem with the function of the fridge, but I'm glad I caught it before driving the 5 hours down "the hill" to Denver, otherwise we may have found a different problem when we arrived. We've put over 14,000 miles on the Ollie since picking it up last June so I suppose a loose piece of plastic here and there are to be expected. Take home lesson: Always check everything before rolling

• Like 4

spacer.png

Albert & Terri Sterns

Paonia, Colorado

Elite II Hull #1125 Standard Floorplan / 2017 Ford F250 gas

• Moderators

You may still be under warranty with norcold. Many components have a two or three year warranty,  in our experience, via manufacturer 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sea Dog is right. We had an issue with our Norcold. We contacted a Norcold approved mobile RV  company when we were in Texas. We also called Norcold and discovered that Oliver had not registered our fridge. We registered it over the phone

The part that was bad was the AC heating element. It was replaced and everything worked fine for the first two trips. On the way home from the Rally the temps on AC went from 35°/2° to 44°/24° in less than 2 hours. Switched to LP. On our recent trip every 48 hours temps went through the roof

Dropped it off for a week but they couldn't get to it.

Call Norcold to register the fridge and find a Norcold approved RV place, www.norcold.com

• Like 1

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNYimage.jpeg.9e7303babcb28d7f6badb799734c6e44.jpeg

• Moderators

My experience with warranty work from oem manufacturers is that  trailer manufacturers don't have to "register" for warranty. (Registration is actually not a legal requirement in many states.)

Title date worked for me, in a couple situations.  Pickup date in others, including an expensive charger converter panel in a motorhome also worked. 6 days before 2 year manufacturers warranty expired. It all depends.

It's just worth asking. If, you need parts.

Since I haven't had a norcold for 8 or 9 years, I couldn't say, but I had a two year warranty way back when, 2008. 

Glad it worked for you, @John Dorrer. Hope the op also gets help.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

10 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

My experience with warranty work from oem manufacturers is that  trailer manufacturers don't have to "register" for warranty. (Registration is actually not a legal requirement in many states.)

Title date worked for me, in a couple situations.  Pickup date in others, including an expensive charger converter panel in a motorhome also worked. 6 days before 2 year manufacturers warranty expired. It all depends.

It's just worth asking. If, you need parts.

Since I haven't had a norcold for 8 or 9 years, I couldn't say, but I had a two year warranty way back when, 2008. 

Glad it worked for you, @John Dorrer. Hope the op also gets help.

Exactly. She did say registering wasn't required. I had to get Oliver to send me a signed letter that our Oliver was a 2022 and we picked it up in March 2022.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1