Going to the Oliver factory

trumpetguy

My wife and I are planning a trip to see a new 23.5 and enjoy a factory tour next week. Are there any questions or issues we should address while there. ie are there any bad surprises you have found with Oliver. I am not too happy about the 2015 price increase, but I suppose they have to make a profit to stay in biz. The upgrades will offset some on the increase.

Coming from a 17 foot Casita the Oliver looks huge on paper so I am interested in the feel of it compared with smaller Casita. The 21 Escape is actually bigger due to it's width, but Canada is a long drive from NW Florida.

One upgrade they are doing is a 13500 btu Air unit. Are the present units not doing the job. I would think the double wall construction would contribute to the efficiency.

Comments welcomed.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I are planning a trip to see a new 23.5 and enjoy a factory tour next week.

Did you make the trip to the factory, and if you did, what do you think? Got one on order?

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

This is the day we see the Ollie in person and have a tour of the facility. Excited to determine if Oliver will be our new home away from home.

The factory tour was great and our new Ollie is in the que. Now the long wait while they build her. Carol and I were impressed with the attention to detail, and the rock solid quality of these trailers. The finish is impeccable and seeing the various stages of construction convinced me that this is truly a lifetime investment. We were able to see a raw frame, inner shell, wiring, etc. The aluminum frame is very strong looking and I like the thought ov zero wood in the floor.

Stay tuned for progress reports.

• Moderators

We're excited for you! Congrats.

You'll like what you saw even more after a few years of camping. I'll bet on that!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 month later...