Cell phone booster

trumpetguy

• Moderators

I know that Pete's phone ( on a service which does not work for anyone else), works at our NC campsite with his booster. I wonder what changes and advances have been made recently?

We had to get a Verizon service to avoid driving 2 miles down the road to get a signal. Our tmobile did not work, and we don't have a booster. The upside for us was that Verizon worked a lot of other places. Paul has Verizon, I have tmobile, one of us usually gets at least a week signal, in most spots.

It would be nice to be able to boost my tmobile signal. I'll follow this thread.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I've had great success with the Wilson cell phone booster over the last 6 years. My carrier is Sprint, which uses 800MHz and 1900MHz. Now that carriers are introducing 4G service, more frequencies are in play. Here's the current list:

Carriers in the US:

AT&T: GSM+LTE, 2G/3G: 850MHz & 1900MHz, 4G: 700MHz, 1700MHz/2100MHz

Verizon: CDMA+LTE, 2G/3G: 850MHz & 1900MHz, 4G: 700MHz, 1700MHz/2100MHz (planned)

Sprint: CDMA+WiMax+LTE, 2G/3G: 800MHz & 1900Mhz, 4G: 800MHz & 1900MHz (LTE), 2500MHz (WiMax)

T-Mobile: GSM+LTE, 2G/3G: 1900MHz, 1700MHz/2100MHz. 4G: 1700MHz/2100MHz

US Cellular: CDMA+LTE, 2G/3G: 850MHz, 1900MHz. 4G: 1700MHz/2100MHz

Metro PCS: CDMA+LTE, 2G/3G: 1700MHz/2100MHz, 1900MHz. 4G: 1700MHz/2100MHz

Cricket: CDMA, 2G/3G: 1900MHz

The new Wilson 4G system used in the current Ollie's covers all of these frequencies and should be helpful to virtually all carrier customers. The key will be to have the installation done in a manner that will not result in the inside antenna interfering with the outside antenna, causing a feedback loop and resulting in a system wide sutdown. With the extra space available in the LEII, they should be able to get that right.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• 3 years later...

I must show my ignorance one again (hate when that happens). I have ATT and the wife has Verizon (long story). Will the cell booster amplify both the Verizon and ATT incoming signals, or, must you program the booster to only amplify a certain service provider?

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

I have ATT and the wife has Verizon (long story). Will the cell booster amplify both the Verizon and ATT incoming signals, or, must you program the booster to only amplify a certain service provider?

The cell phone booster will work with all cell phone providers. No programming needed for the booster.

Sherry (SeaDawg) has commented that there is an advantage to having phones with different providers. In some locations only one provider will have a good signal, and thus you still have connectivity.

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderators

Yes, for over ten years, we've hedged our bets by carrying cell phones from two carriers, Verizon and TMobile. ( One cdma, one gsm). This has worked pretty well for us, as usually, if there is a signal to be found, one of us has signal... No matter what country we are in. In Europe, Australia, and Canada, Paul's TMobile works better. In most of the us, I get better chance at signal on Verizon.

We tested the same Wilson WeBoost that Oliver currently installs. It boosted my Verizon signal by a bar or two. Nada with TMobile at our mountain camping property, because there is nothing to boost. 0 x 20 is still zero...

But, that bar or two with either service can be the difference in being able to make a call, or just receive a text...

I found the Wilson booster to be easy to use. And Oliver's installed price is pretty reasonable, considering its shelf price, uninstalled.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.