Lithium Batteries

chiwald

Hello everyone,

Yesterday, I heard a chirp sound coming from my Oliver and it was the batteries. They were all blinking and making a chirp. I powered them off and turned them back on and they seemed fine. Today, the same thing happened again so I powered them off and unplugged the oliver from the 30 amp plug.  Anyone know why this is happening? We are actually heading up to Hohenwald on Wednesday for a 2 day service so I guess it was good timing.

Confused,

Christi

• Like 1

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Hey Christi, 

Is your Xantrex Inverter switching from battery to grid mode when you hook to shore power? I encountered this issue recently and am in the process of getting it fixed. The mechanic found that the screw that secures the grounding wire had come loose, and some wires got burned and will need to be replaced. (You may be more adept than I am with such things, but this is not a repair I would attempt on my own.)

If the inverter is not automatically switching the grid mode, shore power will not charge the batteries, and the trailer will continue to run off batteries. This will run down the batteries, and you will get that chirping when you try to put a load on the electrical system and the lithium batteries are approaching low voltage cutoff. There is more info on this in the sections of your manuals on the inverter and the lithium batteries. 

You might also check to see if there are any error codes on your surge protector display. 

Hope that helps. Good luck with it, and let us know how it plays out.

Tod

• Like 3

TV:  2008 F-350 Crew Cab, 6.4L diesel, 4WD, custom flatbed with storage boxes, Line-X underbody coating      OLLIE:  2022 OE1 Hull 885, Lithium batteries (260AH), 230W solar panels, 2000W Pro inverter, Dometic AC w/Easy Start, Truma Tankless Comfort water heater

ALAZARCACOGAILKSKYMONVNMNCOKSCTNTXUTsm.j

Check to make the inverter breaker hasn't tripped. It is located under the street side bed at the battery box wall, and next to the actual inverter.  Two days after we picked up our 2022, we had gone from the Oliver campground to David Crockett SP, plugged into shore power at both, and was checking the Lithonics app when I noticed all my batteries were around 73%. Spoke to Mike and he emailed me a picture and sure enough the inverter breaker had tripped. This happened again twice and Oliver sent a new one under warranty. What is your app showing for state of charge?

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY