Want to flip cupboard

Peggie

I would like to remove the cupboard door above the sink, flip them over and reinstall them so that the door swings up, not down. I would also like to put on the kind of hinge that holds the door open. Has someone done this? Do you know what kind of adhesive was used to mount the door? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Peggie Hull #53 2014. 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderators

We did a flip up door when we got rid of our microwave,  and used ikea hinges. I was tempted to by the little Blum hinges, but ikea hinges are made by Blum. And, easily available,  for us.

That was several years ago, and no issues. (2018)

Screenshot_20231127_172302_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

8 hours ago, Dave Mazone said:

This might be a good idea for future Ollies. They could all swing upwards with the hydralic lifts.

I wish they would. My last trailer had doors that opened up. The only trailer I never hit my head on. 🙂

4 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

We did a flip up door when we got rid of our microwave,  and used ikea hinges. I was tempted to by the little Blum hinges, but ikea hinges are made by Blum. And, easily available,  for us.

That was several years ago, and no issues. (2018)

Screenshot_20231127_172302_Chrome.jpg

Thank you, I saw your post when I did a search. The hinge you used looks large for the little door but I made note of both of the hinges you mentioned.

26 minutes ago, Peggie said:

I wish they would. My last trailer had doors that opened up. The only trailer I never hit my head on. 🙂

Hmmm.  The last trailer I had (currently have) always whacked me in the head when I least expected it.

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

• Moderators

Blum, or Rockler,   will have what you need, if you decide to pursue the project. Buy a few,,and experiment. You wouldn't be able to use our sidemount ikea hinges, and you'll need a hinge end that's likely fastened by adhesive to the plexi doors.

There are several woodworking sites that sell blum that could help you. 

Good luck. I'll look forward to seeing your results.

I like blum/blumotion best.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

This may be a given, but repositioning the twist latch catch at the bottom will need to be considered. 

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

23 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Blum, or Rockler,   will have what you need, if you decide to pursue the project. Buy a few,,and experiment. You wouldn't be able to use our sidemount ikea hinges, and you'll need a hinge end that's likely fastened by adhesive to the plexi doors.

There are several woodworking sites that sell blum that could help you. 

Good luck. I'll look forward to seeing your results.

I like blum/blumotion best.

Thank you. I've taken a screen shoot of your post to refer back to.