EPOCH LIFEPO4 batteries on sale right now

Jps190

If anyone is considering switching to lithium I highly recommend checking out Epoch batteries.  I have 48 volt ones installed in my golf cart but  they also make 12 volt batteries for Rv applications.  Will prowse just did a review on their 460ah battery on his YouTube channel. It would fit perfectly in the battery tray.  They also have a holiday sale right now so you can get the above battery for about $1700 which is a steal for that amount of power.  Epoch has other sizes as well.  The lithionics are nice batteries but there are much cheaper options with the same quality.  FYI…

John

https://www.epochbatteries.com

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

John and Kim

2021 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Duramax 11350 GVWR  3048lb Payload

2021 Oliver Elite II.   Hull #887

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
On 12/29/2023 at 12:01 AM, Jps190 said:

If anyone is considering switching to lithium I highly recommend checking out Epoch batteries.  I have 48 volt ones installed in my golf cart but  they also make 12 volt batteries for Rv applications.  Will prowse just did a review on their 460ah battery on his YouTube channel. It would fit perfectly in the battery tray.  They also have a holiday sale right now so you can get the above battery for about $1700 which is a steal for that amount of power.  Epoch has other sizes as well.  The lithionics are nice batteries but there are much cheaper options with the same quality.  FYI…

John

https://www.epochbatteries.com

Thank you for this, and maybe we should move to a new thread? Would that be ok with you? @Jps190

Will Prowse was very impressed with the epoch battery. We will have to replace our boat batteries this year, and Epoch is now a serious consideration.  Ip67 rated. They also have a lifepo4 starter battery. (Most boats with lithium house bank retain a lead acid starter battery, for cranking amps.)

Btw, how long have you had Epoch in the golf cart?

For those interested,  here's a link to Will's review of the Epoch 460.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 12/31/2023 at 5:03 PM, SeaDawg said:

Thank you for this, and maybe we should move to a new thread? Would that be ok with you? @Jps190

Will Prowse was very impressed with the epoch battery. We will have to replace our boat batteries this year, and Epoch is now a serious consideration.  Ip67 rated. They also have a lifepo4 starter battery. (Most boats with lithium house bank retain a lead acid starter battery, for cranking amps.)

Btw, how long have you had Epoch in the golf cart?

For those interested,  here's a link to Will's review of the Epoch 460.

Sure!!  I have had the golf cart batteries for around 9 months and they have performed flawlessly.  

John

• Thanks 1

John and Kim

• The title was changed to EPOCH LIFEPO4 batteries on sale right now
  • Moderators

I moved this from another thread. Let me know if the title is OK with you. 

Curious, are you installing Epoch in your new 600 watt solar install?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

39 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

I moved this from another thread. Let me know if the title is OK with you. 

Curious, are you installing Epoch in your new 600 watt solar install?

No,  

I got the Lithionics 390ah setup when I bought my Oliver.  I had ordered it when they were doing the lifeblue batteries but they switched before my final selections so the gave me that price for the Lithionics which was I think around $600 cheaper.  The Lithionics are great batteries but if I had wet dells or AGM I would definitely be installing the big Epoch.  Epoch also has some 300ah batteries coming out that are sized so you could put 2 in the battery tray.  👍🏻

John

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

John and Kim

Looks great.  My Lithionics are two weeks old, so maybe in about 10 years, I'll look into this.  Or I might be installing cold fusion by then or else floating around in space on Dom Cobb's spinning totem.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

20 hours ago, Jps190 said:

...Epoch also has some 300ah batteries coming out that are sized so you could put 2 in the battery tray.  👍🏻 John

Wow John, and I liked the 460AH when you first posted it. 600AH in the Oliver battery bay, priceless! I'd add that before adding more solar wattage.

Recent purchase of our older Oliver came with 450AH 6v lead-acid batteries, now 2 years old. We gotta get at least a season or two of camping in before anymore major upgrades, but (2) Epoch 300s is now on the Wishlist for sure!

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Recent purchase of our older Oliver came with 450AH 6v lead-acid batteries,

If that is 4 x 105v 6 v batteries, at 12v,  as configured, they're really only rated for 210 max, 105 useable. (Not recommended to run lead acid below 50 per cent. I try to keep hours above 70 per cent, for reduced cycling/increased battery life.)

The 460 lithium would approximately triple your useable Ah, as it would mine.  (2 x 105 ah, 12v agm)

We'd love that luxury, too, but we'll wait til trailer agms really die, or appear to approach the death rattle stage,  to make a decision. 

I'm not "cheap,", I say. Thrifty. Yes, the moths do occasionally fly out of the wallet....😅

• Haha 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Prior owner put a in a set of Interstate 6V batteries, from the label is where I added up 450AH at 12V (on the set of 4). The installer did not mark the labels with date codes, but I have the original receipt.

Yep, 50% down is suggested. You can actually run them lower when needed (I made this mistake a few times on a prior set) which reduces the number of duty cycles. Just giving you a reason to upgrade.

You know @SeaDawg if you keep taking such good care of your AGMs, you're never going to get lithium for your Ollie! 

Battery Tag.jpg

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!