Cleaning the Girard awning

On 1/10/2024 at 5:29 PM, Ollie-Haus said:

I bought a battery powered blower. Seems to work pretty good. Need a step stool to do a good job.

I like the blower idea but my 2-step step stool isn't quite tall enough to get my eyes above the Girard awning. I do have a 12' collapsible ladder, but that won't work in this application. Any suggestions for something tall enough but compact?

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Like 2

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

@Steph and Dud B, I  have used that same ladder for a number of years to access my upper kitchen cabinets (I can only reach the bottom row), cleaning ceiling fans, decorating the Christmas tree. It's light, sturdy, and stable, indoors, and doesn't take up a lot of room in my cleaning closet. I liked it so much we bought one for our daughter.

Let me know how you like using it outdoors. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Let me know how you like using it outdoors. 

Yes, that will be a good question. Harbor Freight has a very similar step ladder that specifically says Not for Outdoor Use. I didn't find any similar disclaimer on this one. The feet are pretty narrow, though. I did take it out onto my soggy lawn today and it didn't sink in. HD also sells a steel version, with more reinforcement and bigger feet for the same price, but it's 10 pounds heavier and I'm trying to put my gear on a diet.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Thanks for posting this.  I think this is what I will do as well. 

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

3-step Little Giant with flip up hand rail support. A combination of using a broom lightly on the underside and my snow brush to get everything down to the lip and brush off in both directions. I hose to spray off, and soapy water. Never looked at it as a issue. Many times we won't deploy. We have a shelter we can put up also.

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY