2 in Bulldog coupler FAILED

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

I think the coupler incident was a manufacturers problem 

Probably  a one off, as said before. Hopefully 

However, everyone in that time period should check stamping.

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
On 3/17/2024 at 11:33 AM, Jim and Frances said:

Is this similar to other's with 2 5/16?

Yes, I also opted for the 2 5/16” BD coupler with 12000lbs capacity.

image.thumb.jpeg.c36a45893b5e563d4463955994bfc64d.jpeg

• Like 2

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

• Service Manager

I wanted to reach out to everyone regarding this issue. We have been made aware of the issue and are currently investigating. At this time it appears to be a single incident but we will be continuing our investigation. 

• Thanks 6
  • Like 8

----------------

Jason D. Essary

OLIVER SERVICE

228 Industrial Ave

Hohenwald, TN 38462

Phone: (888) 526-3978

Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm CST

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distri­bution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete the message and any file attachments from your computer.

Login to Service Portal: https://support.olivertraveltrailers.com/portal/en/home

4 hours ago, JEssary said:

I wanted to reach out to everyone regarding this issue. We have been made aware of the issue and are currently investigating. At this time it appears to be a single incident but we will be continuing our investigation.

Thank you, Jason, for contributing here! This shows the class act of OTT! ☺️

I'm certain you understand that manufacturing defects are more often batch-based than a single incident. At the same time, we hope it is a "single incident" for those we title Oliver owners.

I recently purchased an older used hull, so np here. First thing I did was to check. There are many Oliver owners that do not frequent our wonderful OTT Forum. I would imagine that OTT is sending a safety/recall notifications to every OTT customer in your owners database. Thank you Jason!

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• The topic was locked