This is my open letter to the Oliver family.

This is my open letter to the Oliver family.

By now I expect you are aware of the sentiment that has developed around your decision to offload service of our Oliver trailers to your new dealership network.  We all wish you the best in all of your future endeavors.  It appears to me you could have just as easily required your new dealers to service the trailers that they sell and also service those that benefit by these new dealers being closer at hand than Hohenwald.  Further you could have allowed your factory service to stay in place for those of us that purchased our trailers directly from your factory, especially those of us that are new buyers and most especially for those of us that are much closer to Hohenwald than one of your new dealers. 

I ask that you don’t view your factory service center as a cost center, but rather a profit center.  Your factory service center in many ways could be a perfect complement to your new dealer network.  Doing that would cement to us the fact that we counted on that service being available and as close to us as we know Hohenwald to be.

It might be time to reconsider your factory service center once you have grown the reach of your dealer network to satisfy your nationwide customers.  As announced the change is too abrupt, it is very disquieting to current owners.

Please take this opportunity to reconfirm your commitment to the very loyal customer base you have enjoyed throughout your

history.  I am asking you to reconsider your decision to move all Oliver service to your dealers.

Most Sincerely,

Jeff & Cindy Coleman

Hull 1423

• Like 1

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

I must say that I'm very disappointed in the decision Oliver made in closing the service center.

I believe most of us who are owners of some years have come to place a level of trust in the fact the builder was the service provider.

I have asked Oliver for a list of the service centers so that I can reschedule a service appointment they cancelled. Something I believe they should have at up for their customers.

If anyone has such a list please share that as Oliver has been unresponsive on this topic.

Bob Prado                                                   Hull 620                                                       TV 2021 Ram 2500 HD

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, WayOut said:

I have asked Oliver for a list of the service centers so that I can reschedule a service appointment they cancelled. Something I believe they should have at up for their customers.

If anyone has such a list please share that as Oliver has been unresponsive on this topic.

THIS list has now been available and is also referenced in other posts here on the Forum.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

We, Chris & John, believe talking to OTT Service directly vs. merely reading press releases, and writing forum posts, may get you what you need. We've never asked anything of OTT Service ourselves, but EVERYTHING we have read here, posted over the last 9 months since we have been owners, shows the mothership WILL work with you. The Mods here are second to none in forum-land! I believe the great people of this OTT Forum is a mirror of the great family-owned company that IS behind us. I've not seen this in ANY OTHER automotive or RV forum in my 20 years online. Heck, if OTT will not service your needs, come visit us for 1-2 weeks and we'll do it together, my promise.

Just today OTT send an email stating there has been owners discouraged and they have a management meeting planned for just next week!

God Bless and best wishes to you and your family! Just call and talk to them, and call a 2nd or 3rd time if you need to. They have shown to be good people! I'm looking foward to GOOD NEWS very soon regarding this subject.😂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Well said, HDRider.  While I am not too concerned about the change, I can certainly understand the problem if the closest service center is Hohenwald.  I also wonder what they are going to do with all of their technicians.

• Thanks 1

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

Certainly this is of concern to all of us that had purchased an upscale travel trailer to know that in the event of some service issue we couldn't perform ourselves, we would always have the Hohenwald factory service to back us up!    

I'm not going to be at the rally this year and I expect that this will be a good opportunity to talk, face to face, about this decision and for not only Oliver to be able to explain their rationale... but also the loyal customers to explain how they feel.   I'm sure whole thing will come up at the rally.   I hope someone will report back here and share what they learn.

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

I also wonder what they are going to do with all of their technicians.

In looking back at Jason E's post that basically started what we know about the Service situation, it was mentioned that all current Service personnel will be staying with Oliver.

19 minutes ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

I'm sure whole thing will come up at the rally.   I hope someone will report back here and share what they learn.

Ya think?  Hopefully we will know even more prior to the Rally.  I suspect though that one of the "problems" will be trying to separate fact from fiction.  In any case, certainly there will be more to come here on the Forum - tune in everyday for the next chapter.

Bill

p.s.  I will miss not seeing you at the Rally!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC