Replacing windows

Hi friends

my name is Fernando Alicea 

im from NJ.

8 months ago I purchased a use Oliver 

Hall#6 2008 from the original owner in Tennessee. He have problems with water leaking on all the windows.

The emergency window on the back is completely sealed with clear silicone 

and the other widows a lot of work been done to them throughout the years. 

I really want to bring it back to the original condition. 

If any body knows where can I buy the original windows I will appreciate any help.

thank you 

IMG_8219.jpeg

IMG_8220.jpeg

IMG_8221.jpeg

IMG_8222.jpeg

IMG_8227.jpeg

IMG_8223.jpeg

IMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_8224.jpeg

IMG_8173.jpeg

IMG_8174.jpeg

IMG_8170.jpeg

IMG_8171.jpeg

IMG_8160.jpeg

IMG_0120.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
Posted (edited)

Welcome to our OTT Forum @Fernando Alicea!
Hull #6 - WOW how cool.😂

She looks great! New windows would certainly improve the whole trailer. There are some experts here on the older Elite I Olivers. Everybody is quiet this week since so many are at the annual OTT Rally. I will mention @SeaDawg and @ScubaRx since they are a wealth of historic and general information and so they see this thread soon.

If you want a quick answer, I would call OTT Service tomorrow before the weekend. They could look up your hull # and let you know the manufacturer or perhaps supply the windows you need. Best wishes and keep us posted on the maintenance of your classic Oliver.

Edited by jd1923
  • Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Hi thank you 

I open a ticket yesterday 

I have a reply today.

They are telling me they don’t have this. They are discontinued.

I have pictures of the label but it dose not say the manufacture.

I ask Oliver to provide me the manufacturer. 

thank you

///Fernando 

IMG_0011.jpeg

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

Hi, Fernando.

You now own a little piece of history! #6! Wow.

Hehr was the original window manufacturer.  Some years ago, they were bought out by Lippert. I do not believe that the exact same size windows are available,  anymore, but slightly larger is . 

I would open a new ticket, and specifically ask Jason, as they refitted #1 as original, a number of years ago.

That said, there may be nothing wrong with your original windows. The mildewed seals can be replaced. Do they all open and close properly?

The back window may or may not actually be the leaking culprit . Most of us early hull owners  have found that the true problem was the Oliver sign above the rear window. You'll know if that's the culprit if you tape all around it with clear or white duct tape. 

That said, our rear window did leak at one time, fairly early on. We corrected that problem by removing the window, cleaning up all the old caulk (not an easy job with all that silicone smeared everywhere on yours), and reinstalled it using synthetic butyl "tape" as a bedding material. Our rear window rough opening was pretty "rough" indeed, and a tiny bit  larger for the window than it should have been, but since carefully reinstalling with butyl many years ago, we've had no leaks from the window.

If any of the double pane windows have fogged, there are a number of places around the country that will remove and repair fogged windows. I can highly recommend Suncoast Design in Hudson Florida, should you want to travel.

There are still a handful of original 2008 owners who are friends of mine. Some, like Pete (bugeyedriver on the forum) are still active here. We're all happy to help.

Sherry/Seadawg

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

A few threads for your reading pleasure:

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Sherry

I open a ticket Thursday.

Mike contacted me right a way.

He told me he will have all the information i need from the manufacture by Monday.

I want to keep it as original as possible.

From 2008 till now a lot of work been done on the windows. That is the reason my wife and i decide to replace the windows for the factory one if they still available

before start looking for other options.

Hope we can buy them from the manufacture.

I really appreciate any help in the near future with some other things we have to update on the trailer. 

thank you 🤝

///Fernando

• Like 3

• Moderators

Any time we can help, we're here. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4