Guntersville Angels

• Moderators

There are many stories here on the Forum that show the generosity and kindness that is shown when one Ollie owner helps another.

However, during the Rally there were a number of angels among us that deserve a special mention.

First - while I do not have all the names of all the people involved with the team led by Steve Landrum (ScubaRx)  and Mike Mossey (Mossemi) who replaced the bushings on Coy's trailer, all those that were involved deserve a big pat on the back.  Those people were there from 1pm until after 8pm getting that job done - even through a sudden t-storm.  Nice job guys (and lady)!

And, this brings us to the second set of angels.  

As that storm suddenly hit (high wind and heavy rain), Krunch Mossey was at their Ollie down by the lake.  Unfortunately, as the wind and rain hit she was unable to retract the awning that had been left out and that awning was just about to sail away.  At this point the 4 guys from CGI Detailing (Colin, Gavin, Gauge and Denver) just happened to be cruising by and saw that Krunch was in trouble.  They immediately hopped out of the truck and saved that awning.

Getting back in the truck (soaking wet) they proceeded to drive around the camping area looking for others that just might need help.  They found two more campers - one holding down a Clam shelter while the other was trying to save the awning on their Casita.  Again, these four hard working guys came to the rescue.

Those of us that have used the services of CGI Detailing already know what fine hard working men the guys are.  Certainly they deserve a big pat on the back from all of us for helping while fellow members of the RV community were in trouble.

Thanks to all those involved in the above situations.  Your selfless actions are appreciated by us all!

Bill

• Thanks 2
  • Like 7
  • Love 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

I don't know about that "face" part but I really enjoyed our visit.

Glad you didn't have to get wet/drowned in that storm.⛈️

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

@topgun2 - Good one, Bill!  Way to pitch-in and help out...  

D and I wish we could have shared a proper "farewell" before we departed the area - next time, though!

Cheers!

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MAX Burner said:

D and I wish we could have shared a proper "farewell" before we departed the area - next time, though!

Next time for sure - great breaking bread with you two.

Certainly IMO you surely over kicked your coverage - what a delightful partner you caught.  Only "problem" is she kept after me about eating green things.😁

Also, I've got a bone to pick - I hear that coffee was delivered to someone near and dear - what am I - chopped liver?😇

Get home safe!

Bill

• Like 1

Near Asheville, NC

4 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Also, I've got a bone to pick - I hear that coffee was delivered to someone near and dear - what am I - chopped liver?😇

HA!  No way, Bill!  We'll make good (and it won't be greens)!  

Best,

A & D

• Like 1

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderator+
On 5/21/2024 at 9:17 AM, topgun2 said:

There are many stories here on the Forum that show the generosity and kindness that is shown when one Ollie owner helps another.

However, during the Rally there were a number of angels among us that deserve a special mention.

First - while I do not have all the names of all the people involved with the team led by Steve Landrum (ScubaRx)  and Mike Mossey (Mossemi) who replaced the bushings on Coy's trailer, all those that were involved deserve a big pat on the back.  Those people were there from 1pm until after 8pm getting that job done - even through a sudden t-storm.  Nice job guys (and lady)!

The others were Chris Scarff, Rhonda Friedberg, Steve Johnson plus Donna and Scott Gerould. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg