Fontana/ITC shower head holder (suction cup)

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Handy indeed.

A couple of years ago, Mossemi posted a similar device for use with an outdoor shower curtain he had designed.  I've used mine a number of times.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

Posted (edited)

Not always having good luck with suction-cup attachments, I went this route: JONKEAN White Handheld Shower Head Holder with 2 Hanger Hooks, Strong Adhesive Shower Head Holder, Adjustable Shower Wand Holder Wall Mount, Bathroom Waterproof Shower Handle Holder No Drill Need - Amazon.com

The main plastic holder detaches and only a 1/4" thin clear piece left taped to the Oliver. During travel the holder fits nicely where the shower head is stored. I use it often!

Outside Shower2.jpg

Edited by jd1923
2nd para
  • Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

We use suction cups for everything. Flag poles, trash, paper towels, etc. Just have to have clean surface. Though, I like your solution. M

IMG_8199.thumb.jpg.6a5248a7c471893015d54d94c3c7c37e.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.72cbb4e557cb3084f96d91da68278db4.jpegIMG_8200.thumb.jpg.56ed0f32ace8013a704131a40ae388d2.jpgIMG_8201.thumb.jpg.9f6160089d4b801d555c2b623db843dd.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

Posted (edited)

@rideadeuce

All great suggestions! Thanks for passing them forward! 

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

I really kike that garbage bag holder - neat, small and easy.

Thanks!

Bill

p.s.  assume that you found it on Amazon?

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

1 hour ago, rideadeuce said:

We use suction cups for everything. Flag poles, trash, paper towels, etc. Just have to have clean surface. Though, I like your solution. M

Very cool, lots of good ideas here! Given suction cups can hold your flag, blowing in the wind is a testament for holding strength. My bias comes from those phone holders and other suction cup attachments designed for the truck windshield. One came with my gauges display. I mounted mine permanently below the dash.

Once we get a shine on our exterior, it should work. Agree with Bill on the garbage can holder. I like the little one for interior use. Our interior fiberglass shines like new so should it maintain a good hold.

I went with a more permanent install on the paper towel holder and our side shelf is attached with magnet discs VHB to the side (shelf sits bottom of the attic when using the beds).

The holder came with shaped tape to fit and after one outing it fell off. I cut 3M VHB 4950 to fit the small base and it's been holding even since.

Towel Holder & Shelf.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The spray head and suction cup mount were here when we arrived in Nashville.

IMG_8298.thumb.JPG.41b0346dd5f9b6a0258c07624e246ed2.JPGIMG_8300.thumb.jpg.89d701276d6efebfc7f6b76378962fec.jpg

Side note: Remembered @Snowball had a terrific suggesting for getting ride of the black streaks from the OEM exterior light gaskets. Terribly frustrating. But he suggested using Capt Tolley's creeping crack cure on the gaskets and it worked like a charm!!!! Not more black streaks, just make sure you clean up when applying (hard to get off gelcoat once dry).

So the whole reason I replaced the shower head was the freeze got it and it had a hairline crack at the head. SO walking back into the garage I saw Capt. Tolley's sitting on the shelf. Decided to apply it to the old head and see if it works. I will let you know. I also have used it to seal a window that had starting to fog up. Worked great there too. Thanks Snowball, wonderful stuff!

IMG_8301.thumb.jpg.6e4485c2bc0f978bb4ee608be73b02b5.jpg

Best, 

Mike

Edited by rideadeuce
  • Like 5

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

• Moderators

Back in the day - Captain Tolley's was used by many Ollie owners on those black "gaskets" under the porch lights to help get rid of the "black streaks".  

At one of the early annual Owner's Rallies, Oliver gave everyone some aquarium sealant that the owner was to use to "seal" those gaskets so that they would not cause the black streaks.  Shortly after this, Oliver eliminated the black gaskets and the source of the "problem" was simply eliminated.

Great to see Captain Tolley's has other uses - hope it works.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Near Asheville, NC