Tools - Recommended Torque Screwdriver / Wrench for Electrical connections

Okay! It's time to get serious about ensuring all my electrical connections are tight enough.  Over the years I've found quite a few lose connections in the old #110. Including nearly burned out connections inside the auto-switch box, very brown plastic bus bar.

I don't know what is good or what is crap out there in terms of a "good-enough" torque screwdriver (or wrench).  I've seen some reviews saying some are difficult to hold over a certain torque spec.  

Any experienced owners out there who could recommend something?  Just enough to support anything in an Oliver.  I don't need to get crazy with it.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Just make everything "good-n-tight" using hand tools and it's hard to go wrong.

• Like 3
  • Care 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Been using Fix It Stix for years and they're a great product.  The T-handled torque wrench is the bomb - I wouldn't mount a precision scope or optic on any long-range rifle without it... just say'n.

https://www.pewpewtactical.com/fix-it-sticks-review/

Edited by MAX Burner
  • Like 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

I've been planning to throw together a "tool kit" for my Oliver.  I have a lot of tools, but I don't want to load up an entire professional automotive set when I will just need a few certain size wrenches, screw drivers, etc.  So, I will start inventory on most of the nuts and bolts and select sockets that work.  

For the other stuff, I have a Kobalt screwdriver set with extension rods and multiple bits.  I have never used a torque wrench on electrical connections.  I just use the @jd1923 good-nuff technique and I have never had problems.  

However, if you want to get some tools, I suggest Harbor Freight.  I have Snap-on, Matco, and the old Craftsman tool sets before China took them over.  They have worked well and lasted about 35 years.  They still look new.  However, if you don't plan to use these tools professionally, Harbor Freight tools will be fine.  

• Like 3

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

4 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

I've been planning to throw together a "tool kit" for my Oliver. 

I put these tool kits together soon after buying my 2012 Chevy 1500 4x4, which now serves as my current TV; where the Oliver goes, they go! The small individual pockets have assorted sockets and driver bits, as well as other accessories. 

IMG_5646.thumb.jpeg.a4bb3f882d5b3cf5d76fd2a7faf9b844.jpeg

IMG_5642.thumb.jpeg.1b721c9a0a7b9bd36a09ac9348258658.jpeg

IMG_5645.thumb.jpeg.cd739d1bffcfd153cb9538971dbdd7af.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables