Self-adhesive Shower Curtain Track Recommendations

Looking to add a shower track in our new-to-us rig without drilling any holes.  Appreciate any feedback that you can provide.  Thanks in advance!

Mike

Mike & Ann

• 2021 Tundra DC SR5, Improved Racing MHX-514 transmission cooler
  • 2023 LE II - Hull #1420, Truma A/C, Furnace and WH package, AGM/solar

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

If your shower track idea doesn’t pan out, alternatively many have installed a shower rod under the cabinet. My install did require some drilling, but much less conspicuous than in the ceiling. A standard curtain is best cut to length for optimum fitment and functionality. The shower curtain can be stowed in the curved corner, used to shade the window, covers the head and towel rack when in use, and provides more space when showering. 

IMG_7065.thumb.png.e44ded2d5aab79455ba2a75c527995a5.png

IMG_7061.thumb.png.ffb6080c32ccf17158b74fe9a371b1d3.png

IMG_7063.thumb.png.0bb674da8c3e2a84c79e4794e9e20c43.png

IMG_7064.thumb.png.6352f0d2339fb742769ceac86d91064e.png

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

We didn’t get the Oliver shower curtain track with our Elite II.  The curtain track is an odd design, seems a bit expensive, and some owners have had issues with the track detaching from the inner hull ceiling because of a poor riveting job.  But we wanted a shower curtain though, so I attached the small Command hooks all around on the bathroom ceiling directly above the perimeter of the shower pan in the floor, and then hung a standard shower curtain on those hooks to take our showers, and easy to quickly remove the curtain to let it dry outside the trailer when done.  It was a cheap and effective solution to keeping the toilet area dry.  And easy to remove it all completely if ever needed.  Command strips/hooks are a great accessory for attaching lot of things on the Ollie interior.  

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0452.jpeg

Edited by Frank C
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

If your shower track idea doesn’t pan out, alternatively many have installed a shower rod under the cabinet. My install did require some drilling, but much less conspicuous than in the ceiling. A standard curtain is best cut to length for optimum fitment and functionality. The shower curtain can be stowed in the curved corner, used to shade the window, covers the head and towel rack when in use, and provides more space when showering. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have to admit, I kind of like that approach.  What is the hardware that you used and where did you buy it?  I guess your curtain doesn't cover the door - do you ever get any leaks into the main cabin?

Mike & Ann

6 hours ago, Frank C said:

We didn’t get the Oliver shower curtain track with our Elite II.  The curtain track is an odd design, seems a bit expensive, and some owners have had issues with the track detaching from the inner hull ceiling because of a poor riveting job.  But we wanted a shower curtain though, so I attached the small Command hooks all around on the bathroom ceiling directly above the perimeter of the shower pan in the floor, and then hung a standard shower curtain on those hooks to take our showers, and easy to quickly remove the curtain to let it dry outside the trailer when done.  It was a cheap and effective solution to keeping the toilet area dry.  And easy to remove it all completely if ever needed.  Command strips/hooks are a great accessory for attaching lot of things on the Ollie interior.  

Thanks for sharing, I was thinking about doing something like this but just with suction cup hooks.  But DW said it would be too complicated putting it up and taking it down each time and be in the way of using the toilet while drying.  Command hooks would definitely be more secure than suction cups and no holes need to be drilled.  I'm gonna show her this, maybe she won't think I'm crazy after all!

Mike & Ann

10 hours ago, Boilermaker Chemist said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have to admit, I kind of like that approach.  What is the hardware that you used and where did you buy it?  I guess your curtain doesn't cover the door - do you ever get any leaks into the main cabin?

Amazon purchases, as shown below. I choose the clear acrylic rod as to not obstruct light from the under cabinet fixture. There is enough room to flip the light switch with an upward facing open hand. I choose clear plastic shower curtain rings, as well. A change of clothes or other apparel can be staged on the toilet seat underneath the curtain when showering. If one has the composting toilet it would be well protected from moisture. The curtain can either be left draped over or tucked behind the toilet to dry. I find it best to squeegee the wet surfaces, then leave the vent fan on with the door closed during the drying process to reduce humidity in the cabin. I have never had a problem with the door leaking during a shower. 
ADDED TIP:  Hooks are placed to each side of the upper cabinet, one for his and her hand towels, and the other to stage a squeegee for the after shower cleanup.

IMG_7067.thumb.png.5c5ef7af371d1a6528336488b0236a16.png

IMG_7069.thumb.png.ad408c506bbddb3744605973064e9a03.png

IMG_7068.thumb.png.7d4d68119a69ec8afcedfe2eddf30cba.png

IMG_7070.thumb.png.04175f26df2462c5bacfcdec5edf99c6.png

IMG_7071.thumb.png.cf913986cb298c954dfadcc352d98386.png

IMG_7072.thumb.png.d6b712fc974620338a0a60f8267bf59f.png

Edited by Ronbrink
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables