Wet-bath Sink Faucet Modification - September 2024

NomadLife

September 10, 2024

Hello fellow Oliver Elite owners! I am letting everyone know that the Highsierra company has made a handheld bathroom faucet with adapter (chrome or brushed nickel) that fits the original Oliver hand held bathroom sink faucet plus hose and I LOVE this design! This way you no longer have to replace the whole faucet housing while looking great and you'll only need to replace the handheld part by screwing on the adapter to both the original hose (will only connect to the hose with the female threads) and Highsierra handheld shower head. Due to this handheld design and being metal not plastic, I noticed when I showered that my hot water lasted longer during cold weather and the force of the water was stronger than the original hand held. If interested, below is the link to the handheld faucet and you can call if you have any questions. I hope this helps! Highsierra Shower Heads Company # 1-888-445-1941

https://www.highsierrashowerheads.com/shop/rv-handheld-olivtrailers/F

Edited by NomadLife
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
2 hours ago, NomadLife said:

Highsierra company has made a handheld bathroom faucet with adapter (chrome or brushed nickel) that fits the original Oliver hand held bathroom sink faucet plus hose

Great thanks! Will the new faucet fit in the existing Oliver wall mount, or do I have to order the optional Highsierra wall mount? 

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Roof Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter), added 400W Renogy Solar suitcase with Victron MPPT 100/30 CC, Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

Be aware that this adapter only works with older trailers. If you unscrew the faucet from the hose and the hose has a female fitting, it will work. The adapter has a female thread on the faucet end and a male thread on the hose end. Newer trailer need female threads on both ends. I’m going to have to send mine back. 

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg.d9d6547ab1cd0cc5803e63d1a54214de.jpg

A follow-up to the above. I just called to return my adapter, and was told a new one is in the works for newer trailers, and should be ready by the end of the month. I’ll be getting one as soon as they ship. 

Edited by Steve Morris
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

-----
Facebook - Instagram

8 minutes ago, Steve Morris said:

A follow-up to the above. I just called to return my adapter, and was told a new one is in the works for newer trailers, and should be ready by the end of the month. I’ll be getting one as soon as they ship.

Thanks Steve, good to know, we also have a 2023 like you so I'll wait for the new one. Also,does the Highsierra faucet fit in the existing Oliver wall mount, or did you order the optional Highsierra wall mount? 

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Roof Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter), added 400W Renogy Solar suitcase with Victron MPPT 100/30 CC, Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

1 hour ago, rich.dev said:

Thanks Steve, good to know, we also have a 2023 like you so I'll wait for the new one. Also,does the Highsierra faucet fit in the existing Oliver wall mount, or did you order the optional Highsierra wall mount? 

It fits. Sort of two orientations it’ll drop into at different angles. For reference, the top is about 2” from the ceiling  

I have the optional wall mount because I have all the components to do the separate shower valve and new faucet. But I haven’t gotten around to doing that yet. The adapter is a temporary step to use the shower head until I start that project. 

IMG_1576.thumb.jpeg.b42ef51a167fbd020f1b9d59175ca5ed.jpeg

IMG_1577.thumb.jpeg.9b359f16a4b2e6218bfa011005f57e4b.jpeg

Edited by Steve Morris
  • Like 6

-----
Facebook - Instagram

10 hours ago, NomadLife said:

September 10, 2024

Hello fellow Oliver Elite owners! I am letting everyone know that the Highsierra company has made a handheld bathroom faucet with adapter (chrome or brushed nickel) that fits the original Oliver hand held bathroom sink faucet plus hose and I LOVE this design! This way you no longer have to replace the whole faucet housing while looking great and you'll only need to replace the handheld part by screwing on the adapter to both the original hose (will only connect to the hose with the female threads) and Highsierra handheld shower head. Due to this handheld design and being metal not plastic, I noticed when I showered that my hot water lasted longer during cold weather and the force of the water was stronger than the original hand held. If interested, below is the link to the handheld faucet and you can call if you have any questions. I hope this helps! Highsierra Shower Heads Company # 1-888-445-1941

https://www.highsierrashowerheads.com/shop/rv-handheld-olivtrailers/F

Please add your signature to your profile.

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNYimage.jpeg.9e7303babcb28d7f6badb799734c6e44.jpeg

I lucked out when installing the High Sierra shower head several years ago, happened to have a Kohler adapter that mated the stock hose to this upgraded handle. In ordering, don’t get too hung up on which flow restricter to choose (go high), the push button control valve can easily be used to reduce flow, as desired. The button is great for Navy showers, no more having to use the sink valve to regulate water flow and temperature; the button’s trickle feature keeps the water temp constant so no more waste of water having to reset, thus less volume in gray tank. As a sink faucet, I use the button to allow a reduced stream of water rather than full flow when the valve is opened, further saving water and tank volume. This product is a jewel of an upgrade, get one!

IMG_5986.thumb.jpeg.2fb5f90a463c702794d2928e94171256.jpeg

• Like 5

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables, auxiliary Cerbo-S GX/Victron 30A Blue Smart IP22 Charger combo, Dreiha Atmos 4.4 a/c upgrade.

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

A.R.E. truck bed cover/BedRug bed liner, 200W solar array/Victron SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 and 100Ah potable power station, Rancho QuickLIFT front suspension strut/coil spring upgrade, Advanced Technology vented/slotted disc brake rotor upgrade, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Suspension/wireless remote controller, Mechman 320A High Output alternator/upsize cables.