Milton

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

For the last few hours members of our "family" have started to feel the effects of this hurricane.  This is only the beginning of a 12 to 16 hour period that is forecast to bring up to 20 inches of rain and a record storm surge.

Hopefully everyone will make it through this storm safely and the damage that it is sure to cause will be somewhat limited.

God speed to all of those in the storm's path.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
  • Thanks 5
  • Like 3
  • Care 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderators

Milton made landfall at Siesta key/Sarasota around 8:30. Moving very fast.

Damages from wind, torrential rains, and tornadoes will be seen in a big part of the state.

No power in many many places. About a quarter of our county, so far.

My extended family and friends have all reported in. Safe and good.

• Like 9
  • Care 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I've just received emails from both Shallowgal and Mossemi.

Both report bunches of wind and rain.  Power was/is out for both since between 9:30 and 10:00 last night.

Apparently a small tree has fallen on Mossemi's house causing little damage.  Shallowgal "only" has small tree branches to clean up around the house.

Hopefully most of the rest of Florida sees similar.

Bill

p.s.  glad to read Seadawg's report above too.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderator+

As Bill reported, Mike and Krunch Mossy are both alive and well. He asked me to let everyone know. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

My brother sent reports from my place in Lee County Florida. All is well. Flooding in the neighborhood stayed below the door thresholds, and all but one resident had moved their cars ahead of time, so our neighborhood residents avoided vehicle damage. (Every vehicle had been totaled during Ian in 2022). I'm feeling grateful.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Care 2

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel 

ALAZARCOFLGAILIAKSKYLAMONENMNCNDOHOKPASD

• Moderators

@Boudicca908, i am grateful to see your report. And very happy for you.

We have no power from the grid. No connection to see battery backup, from solar, so winging it, just working from experience. 

This has happened so darn often, we call it "camping in the house."

Just grateful to have a house to camp in.

Our county was pretty much half without grid power. battery backup for now, genset as necessary. 

I heard today from Ollie owners in Bradenton. All good. Trees down.

The linemen are working really, really hard. As are the waste removal crews. 

All hands on deck, as neighbors and friends help each other. 

• Like 4
  • Care 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We live in Tampa.  Minor wind damage at the homestead.  Power back on in our neighborhood, but many others still out.  Our kids, who live nearby, are bunking with us for the AC. 😎

Ollie lives in a covered, outdoor storage facility in nearby Plant City.  We visited him yesterday.  All appears to be well,even though many nearby neighborhoods got hit VERY hard.  Some are still underwater.

We are very grateful to all the emergency crews from around the country who have come to visit. (I met a crew from Nova Scotia at WalMart yesterday!)
It does my heart good to see their solidarity, expertise and preparedness.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Care 1

2024 OLEII - Hull MDIV, born 3/13/24

Ram 1500  5.7L 8 cyl hemi, 4wd, max tow, air shocks, 6’4” box, crew cab

visited-united-states-map.png

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Dennis and Melissa said:

We are very grateful to all the emergency crews from around the country who have come to visit. (I met a crew from Nova Scotia at WalMart yesterday!)
It does my heart good to see their solidarity, expertise and preparedness.  

This is so true. The linemen crews, and debris removal crews, are true heroes! Everything looks better with full lights. And, certainly  safer.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4