Care of fiberglass/ inside and out

We are expecting delivery of our Elitte II the end of this year. Would appreciate tips on keeping our Oliver looking good inside and out.

Same products and procedures inside and out?

Interval for protection?

If these are issues we will be coached on when we take delivery we can wait until then, but I'm sure you all can appreciate our excitement. We just finished a Factory Tour and are finding it difficult to contain ourselves.

Thanks in advance

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

• Moderators

As the Oliver road team, Betty and I tour Oliver's Latest and coolest around and we encounter all kinds of environment's, from blowing alkali dust out in Quartzsite Arizona to beach sand down on the Gulf Coast and salty snow slush up around the great lakes. As we have hundreds and hundreds of visitors in our show Oliver, so naturally, quite a bit of that gets brought inside the Ollie.

The product that we use to wipe down the interior to keep it's factory fresh appearance is a spray can of "YACHT BRIGHT" applied with paper towels. Available at most marine supply outlets. When the dust is really bad we use a "CALIFORNIA DUSTER" , we found ours at the "Big Tent" in Quartzsite, before wiping down the interior.

For us it is quick, efficient and takes up very little room for storage. We hope this has been a help. Maybe we will get a chance to share a campfire and visit !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Today is our two month anniversary with our Oliver Legacy Elite II and care and cleaning has basically been a breeze. We camp in national forest campgrounds down dirt roads for the most part, so the exterior gets dirty fast. We just use marine wash and wax to keep it shining, not worrying so much about keeping it clean while we're on the road.

The interior is easy to wipe with a cotton cloth and water. Fingerprints are probably the biggest "cleaning" I have to do. I did purchase a corded hand vacuum to make cleanup of the floor easier, although we do have an entry mat outside and a small rug right inside the door.

The most important thing is to get out there and have a great time on the road. Oh - and be ready to give tours at any time.

Ed and Marsha

Legacy Elite II, Hull #85

Ford F150 Lariat

Thank you all for the great info but I must add a small vacuum was extremely handy a couple month ago when we camped with friends who also have a Oliver on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The sand Fleas one night were in the thousands no Millions and the only way we could get them out was with the vacuum I'm sure glad Teri had her's with her on the trip. My wife will not leave home without one now. I'm sure it will be helpful come Quartzite this winter as well. Just another two cents. Thanks Gary

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

• Moderators

I think the key words you keep seeing here are "marine" and "boat" products. With the marine grade fiberglass gelcoat, we've always used the same quality products we use on our fiberglass boats. Inside and out, 3M Ultra marine paste wax. Once every year or two on the inside, two or three times a year on the outside. Our trailer lives outside, no cover, just like the boats, and still shines like new.

The wax on the inside might not be necessary, but it seems to me it keeps the gelcoat nice and shiny, and easy to clean. For general cleanup inside, a soft cloth and water takes care of most. Vinegar windex eliminates handprints, etc.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.