What to do when Ollie is on fire.

Overland

A word of caution for those of you with bike racks and who are large framed, mobility impaired or just not very agile.....

Make 100% sure you can get out the back window with your bike(s) in place. It would be a shame to leave the world while staring out at your mountain bikes blocking your exit. Other than removing them constantly, I don’t know if there is a good solution for this.

I would like very much to see pics of an adult climbing out past a couple of bikes. I have to assume that the factory considered this when designing their bike systems..... ?

I have not tried climbing out, personally, maybe that will be a spring project. I’ll have my daighter make a video, LOL.... I do not use the rear tire cover, nor do I have a rack. Having the cover off will make it a little easier, in that you have a (lower) high traction rubber surface to kneel on instead of super slippery gelcoat.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Heck - I'd even actually pay (not much) to see Bugeyedriver get out that window.  As an "old" pilot I'm sure that he could do it, but, I'm also sure that it would be worth a laugh or two.  On the other hand - given the right amount and direction of wind, I'd bet that there is a possibility that Bosker just might fly with those ears of his.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I liked the idea of having detectors in between the hulls, in case of smoldering, so I ordered the Atoms.

I too liked this idea, so I went on Amazon to read perhaps the most damning reviews of a product I have read: Two consumers of the product reported that the detectors did not sound an alarm when a real-life fire was in close proximity to the product. Perhaps it would be wise to test the alarms you bought by placing them close to some burning material similar to what can be found in the Oliver before relying upon them in your trailer.

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg