Nature's Head composting toilet installation in an Oliver.

On 5/3/2024 at 5:54 AM, MobileJoy said:

If you have a meter, you can check to see if the fan is getting power. You'll be touching the power plug with the meter leads, so be careful not to short out or you will blow the fuse (assuming it's not already blown).

If it is getting power, then the fan probably needs replacing. We had this happen to ours early on in the toilet's life. Nature's Head responded very quickly with two fans (no charge, and I did not ask them for a spare). I replaced it and have not had a problem since. Now I have a spare, and will order another if it ever gets installed.

My friends here checked and there was power. The fan is faulty, so I am ordering replacement. 

While discussing the Nature's Head toilet, this gentleman told me about their own experiences and showed me the toilet he installed as a replacement. They are full-timers and it seems that they are also nearly full-time boondockers. They use an OGO Origin. https://ogotoilet.com/products/products-ogo-composting-toilet

Thanks to all for your help. 

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

2024.04.29 - ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYBBBBBBsm.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
14 minutes ago, Boudicca908 said:

My friends here checked and there was power. The fan is faulty, so I am ordering replacement. 

While discussing the Nature's Head toilet, this gentleman told me about their own experiences and showed me the toilet he installed as a replacement. They are full-timers and it seems that they are also nearly full-time boondockers. They use an OGO Origin. https://ogotoilet.com/products/products-ogo-composting-toilet

Did you pull the fan and check for corrosion or loose contacts?

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

1 hour ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Did you pull the fan and check for corrosion or loose contacts?

Yes I did. 

• Like 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2024 at 11:26 AM, Boudicca908 said:

The fan is faulty, so I am ordering replacement. 

Quick Update: my replacement Nature's Head fan arrived, via General Delivery. They sent me TWO (no charge) so now I have a spare. All good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 11:26 AM, Boudicca908 said:

That's an interesting,  and lovely toilet, as toilets go. Small footprint, fairly modern appearance. 

Reasonable price. Wish I'd seen that before I bought the Separett for the barn. (I thoroughly hate the Separett. )

How long have they had the Ogo? 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 5/16/2024 at 5:04 PM, SeaDawg said:

How long have they had the Ogo? 

I'm not sure, but I think more than a year. They have been full-timers (with SOB trailer) for 2 or 3 years -- not only full-timers but nearly full-time Boondockers. They note that boondocking is difficult in the eastern US. Their preference for this composting toilet seems to stem from a) ease of emptying (so much easier - don't have to deconstruct the unit or move large parts around) and b) better results for her, when using (the separation of liquids and solids is easier during use). 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1