Bed Length

Fritz

I'm curious if you tall folks (e.g., 6'2" or 74" +/-) find the the "twin" beds comfortable, given the 75" (6'3") bed length. Do you end up sleeping slightly sideways? Does the rounded corner feel like a space constraint? I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but a search on this topic didn't result in an answer for twin beds...

In advance, thanks for your insight. BTW, I've enjoyed lurking in this forum; I've been impressed by the number of thoughtful, engaged owners and the abundant, useful information.

Fritz

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

• Moderators

Fritz -

I'm only 6' even so I'm perhaps not the person that can best answer your question based on length. I do have plenty of room at both the top and bottom. However, I can say that I originally started sleeping with my head towards the rear of the camper (at the rounded corner end) but changed to sleep in the other direction. I like to sleep with elbows out near my head. This caused me to bang one or the other elbow on either the nightstand or on the rounded corner. Once I flipped direction there have been no further issues.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

At 5’10” and sleepng feet to the rear, I find the length OK, the width is more bothersome since there is no room to just roll over. (The mattresses are not regular Twin sized, but Bunk sized - 30 inches.) You must lift your body and reposition....

At your height it would really be best to test one in person. If you buy a Two Bed trailer and find out you don’t sleep well, that would be very upsetting. A King would without a doubt give tons more room and sleeping comfort.

Also you need to see if you can live with whacking your head in the head.... especially when using the toilet. I showed Mouse to a couple who really liked the design, but the severe lack of headroom was a 100% deal breaker for the husband who was 6’6”. The entry opening to the head is a low head knocker, as is the main entry, but at least the latter is well padded. The metal head door frame can be painful...

Try before you buy!

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thank you, Bill and John, for your comments. I've seen one LE2 (thanks to Carol and Stan) on a trip back east last fall, but it was not a twin bed version. I recognize that the bed length is the same, but the twin bed version has less space to hang one's feet over the edge. So yes, we'll look for an opportunity to see a twin bed model in the future.

• Like 1

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

• 2 years later...

I started this thread a couple of years ago, but given the recent twin vs standard bed discussion, and the fact that there are many new OLE2 owners, I'd like to check again: How many of you are 6'2" or taller, and do you find the twin beds comfortable (with heads toward either the front or back of the trailer)?  Thanks!

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

6'3".   295#.   The twin works fine for me.  I sleep with my head to the front which gives me room to hang over a foot if I need to.  Shoulder room has not been an issue.  sometimes I turn to face the side and bend my knees.  The first night or two I did have a little adjustment but I compare this the same as getting a new mattress.  After about 12 nights total I do not even think about it.  

I have not tried sleeping with my feet at the rear yet.   Maybe I will try that sometime but I like my head near the end  I use a CPAP and I put the machine in the top cabinet and the hose just hangs down with the door left open.  This set up seems to work.  

Erv 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Erv & Sherry  Hull # 650

2022  Platinum SD 250 Tremor. 7.3 Godzilla

ALARFLGAILKYMSMONENCSCSDTNWVmed.jpg

Fritz, I am 6’3” and have no problems sleeping in the curbside twin.  I haven’t tried the street side as my wife sleeps there.  I have tried in both directions and prefer the head to the rear especially since our 40lbs dog spends about 40 percent of the nights on my side.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"