Good Sam?

geO

I was wondering if anyone had used Good Sam for an extended warranty? They claim to cover all the major systems and I have not heard of them before. I'm skeptical with all they claim to do. Having had 2 a/c units replaced the next one is on me. Is Good Sam worth it or not?

• Moderators

Good sam has been good to us on towing insurance.

It's pretty cheap. Probably give it a fly on a new trailer.

Sherry

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 4 months later...

George, did you ever look at the extended warranty issue. I was just looking at the Keep your Dream vblog and they were talking about looking into that.

So I looked on the Oliver forum and saw that you wee questioning about it

• Moderators

I've been a Good Sam Club member for almost 20 years mainly for the discount they give at Good Sam related commercial campgrounds.  After being stiffed by AAA two times I switched to Good Sam's roadside assistance about six years ago.  Of course, since the switch, I've not had to use them.  However, any time I've had a question they have been quick to respond.

The question as to are these extended warranties worth it depends on a bunch of factors.  Most analyses that I've ever read claim that if you can afford to self insure you will be better off in the long run.  However, if you are THAT person that happens to have a run of bad luck and happen to have purchased one of these insurance policies, you will sing their praises all day long.  In the immortal words of Dirty Harry, "You've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?'  Well do you ….?"

Bill

• Thanks 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"