Has Anyone Upgraded the Foam Density of (Bottom) Dinette Seat Cushions?

Spike

We like the fabric, but would like to increase the density of the bottom cushions. (Too squishy for our butts.) Has anyone done this by ordering online? We are considering taking them to an upholsterer, but if we can do this ourselves without too much hassle, we would like to go that route. (Did a Forum search and found no mention of this modification.)

Onward through the Fog!

EarthPicks of Cochise County

AZCACOKSMONVNMORTNTXUTmed.jpg

• Moderators

Spike -

I know that Mike & Carol changed their cushions but am not sure if they changed the density.  You might want to shoot them a PM.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Spike,

The wife and I agree about the density of the cushions.  We both bottom them out.  I understand that happening for me at 235 lbs. but, she is 115 lbs.

Anita from Oliver gave me the name and number of the upholsterer they use and suggested I contact him.

His name is Richard Johnson (662) 706-1873.  He is in Mississippi.

I have yet to contact him but need to very quickly as we are a month out from the beginning of production of our Elite II.

I am going to ask for either 1.5" of memory foam and 2.5" of a denser foam, than normally used, or just 4" if denser foam.

When I call him, I will update you on what I find.  If you call, please do the same.

Andrew

• Thanks 2

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

• Moderators
Spike –

I know that Mike & Carol changed their cushions but am not sure if they changed the density. You might want to shoot them a PM.

Bill

We did change our cushions out so we could use them for our occasional twin bed conversion. We stayed with the medium density to match the mattresses. It doesn’t seem like it would be difficult to change to a firm density. If you are not changing the fabric covering it’s just a matter of cutting the foam. Easy do-it-yourself or any upholsterer could do it. Mike

• Thanks 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS