Proven Industries Hitch Lock

Ronb

• Moderators
2 hours ago, John Welte said:

I pick up the trailer in a month.

Now - that's what I call a "short-timer".  It will be great to have you as a full fledged, card carrying member of the Family.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 1 year later...
travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

I'm looking at the Proven Hitch Lock and the FtKnox Locks Hitch Lock. 

I couldn't find the original poster who mentioned watching YouTube videos, but thanks to them. I found two good sources of many videos defeating locks. This is why it's a deterrent and not a guarantee. But I'll definitely be replacing the Blaylock Bulldog Lock that I currently use. Here are two video sources (hopefully my links work):

FtKnox Locks -- defeating many hitch locks. Be sure to look on YouTube the channel for other videos.

https://ftknoxlocks.com/lock-fails

The Lock-Picking Lawyer -- defeating many locks, but this is one of two videos about Proven Hitch Locks. In the other video he makes a "rare" recommendation in favor of the Proven Hitch Lock. See his channel for other videos. I have not been able to ascertain whether Proven has updated the Puck Locks that they sell to improve this issue. Does anyone know about the puck options?

• Thanks 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENDOKSDTNTXWYCCCCCC

We have the bulldog coupler lock from Proven Industries. It is an impressive lock. We did not, however, purchase the puck lock from Proven Industries. Instead we chose an Abloy Protec2 PL-975 hardened steel puck lock from Security Snobs:

https://securitysnobs.com/Abloy-Protec2-PL-975-Hardened-Steel-Puck-Padlock.html

Its pricey at about $160, depending on keying options. Its possible to configure other Abloy locks to be keyed-alike with your puck lock with a little planning...

• Like 1

Tom & Holly

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite I #409 - 2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3L Gas, 4x4 Z71, Dbl Cab, Std Bed

2023-10-16OliverCampedStates(medium).jpg.8e9964c26c7927a0077806565b9dcfc2.jpg