Wheel bearings 2019 Elite I

Bobc

Great topic but the level of comments and detail is dizzying.  Can some simply provide me with just the proper part #s for the Timken bearings, seals, & races or otherwise a part # for a complete kit?

Thanks,  Hobo

• Thanks 1

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

7 hours ago, hobo said:

Great topic but the level of comments and detail is dizzying.  Can some simply provide me with just the proper part #s for the Timken bearings, seals, & races or otherwise a part # for a complete kit?

Thanks,  Hobo

I am adding clarification to point out that the response below is directed at the request by Hobo, who has an LEII.  These part numbers provided have no applicability to an LE, the original subject of this thread. 

The Dexter axle owners manual is available in the university components section. Page 81 has a table of bearing and race p/n for each axle model. Industry standard p/n for the 3.5K axle are:

Inner bearing  cone/race: L68149 / L68111

Outer bearing   cone/race: L44649 / L44610

Timken combines both the cone and race into a set.  Their p/n are SET17 and SET4 respectively.

On page 79 there is a table of seal p/n. The 10" x 2-1/4" brake size uses Dexter p/n K71-303-00. This number cross references to National/Timken p/n 473336

Edited by bhncb
additional info
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Thank you. I believe on the 2019 Elite I the axle is around 5000 lbs. so I believe the wheel bearings should be in the sixth row of the Dexter chart with the corresponding bearings being K71-308-00 and K71-307-00. I just wanted to verify that data with other Oliver Elite I owners or other knowledgeable folks before ordering the matching Timken bearings. Sorry for any confusion just trying to get it right. Any other input is greatly appreciated.

Bobc

BobC

2019 Elite I Hull 431

55 minutes ago, Bobc said:

Thank you. I believe on the 2019 Elite I the axle is around 5000 lbs. so I believe the wheel bearings should be in the sixth row of the Dexter chart with the corresponding bearings being K71-308-00 and K71-307-00. I just wanted to verify that data with other Oliver Elite I owners or other knowledgeable folks before ordering the matching Timken bearings. Sorry for any confusion just trying to get it right. Any other input is greatly appreciated.

Bobc

Sorry I didn't clarify earlier. I've edited my post above to note this discrepancy. All the information for an Elite is in the same place just use for the 5.2K axle you've noted and 12"x 2" brakes for the seals. The seals cross reference to National/Timken p/n 412920