Storage of Rock Tamer Mud Flaps when not on TV

GraniteStaters

See attached picture of how I store our Rock Tamer Mud Flaps when we don’t have them installed on our TV.  I bought a very inexpensive bike rack mount that is sold at Home Depot or Lowe’s.  I mounted on the header above our basement window.   I removed the Andersen components to lessen the weight.  

402B47DE-F076-4339-A8FB-73CE7C886B89.jpeg

DB36108A-6AC6-4C91-BF0F-7B9DEED8401B.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

• Moderators

Great solution. But, does it make anyone else think of a giant bat? 

Sorry, couldn't help myself. 

• Haha 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Seriously,  Paula,  it's a terrific storage solution.  Ours sit outside in the sideyard. Your solution will make everything  (especially the fake chrome) last much longer. 

I love it. Just couldn't help seeing the bat. Probably because I grew up in the country. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Up 'till now I've store mine on a 6x6 block that is just high enough to allow the bottom of the flaps to barely touch the floor of the garage.  Your solution is much more elegant and it gets the whole thing off the floor. 

Now that you have it installed, do you think that the support arm of the bike holder is strong enough to support the weight with the Andersen parts still attached?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"