Maine Camping

• Moderators

We spent a day in Bar Harbor, got there early and did a lot of walking.  Had a nice lunch. There were a lot of people, but finding a good parking spot early and spending the day on foot worked well.  Weather was perfect!  We will be back, hopefully to make it in to Canada… Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

We drove in to  bar harbor,  with two cruise ships docking, in bar harbor.  Not a fun experience.  

• Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We were much further up the coast from Bar Harbor for our recent short camping trip.  It was terrific and not many tourists.  The scenery is spectacular.  It does lack the volume of great restaurants and shopping but tons of trails and hiking.  We are busy where we live further south on the coast with summer folks.  The local businesses cater to the summer folks and this is how many locals make money.  The unfortunate part is there are so many more visitors and common courtesy and patience is no where near what it once was or should be.  Just too many folks in a hurry and without realizing it trying to make this place like the place they came from.  Sorry but lobster boats are out on the water at 4:30-5:00 am. If you live close to the ocean you will hear their diesel engines.  Summer folks trying to get noise ordinances to have things quiet until 8:00 am. These fishermen need to work. They wake me up too.  I would never ask cor an ordinance that would affect these fishermen.  Oddly enough it is the beauty and charm of these small coastal villages that attract summer folks.  Of course these are the same folks illegally setting off fireworks until 2 in the morning.  Ok I  will get off my soap box.  I love this place. I do wish folks could just be more civil.  

• Like 5