Propane Tank Tray Help Requested

Could someone direct me to the thread on the mods some have done to raise the propane tanks up a bit?  I believe there were a few ideas on types of trays bought or made to protect the bottom of the propane tanks.  I think someone made something out of heavy duty rubber with drainage holes in it. 

spacer.png2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

Not sure about raising the trays, but I'm sure it's like anything else, I would look at it and make a decision with my mechanical mine and do it. I would say that there was a post on someone who put in an excess door on the side of the tank cover and built a storage area behind the bottles. He got the door in the bathroom above the toilet from Oliver and it worked out very well from the pics I saw posted. Question, why do you want to raise the bottles, is it for storage, or some other reason?

trainman 

Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #489, 2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Hi Conner77,

This is what I use, works well.  Mopeka 024-5002 LP Check Tank Halo from amazon.  Good luck 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

Thanks SeaDawg.  You found the thread that Patriot started that I was looking for.

• Like 2

spacer.png2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

• Moderators

You're welcome.  Scubarx thread is interesting,  too, depending on your goals. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12