2023 Elite 2

On 7/6/2022 at 9:27 AM, John E Davies said:

Are you positive that it is the water heater/ furnace combo model? Have you spoken to Oliver Sales about that? I sure hope so, I would be interested in a factory installed retrofit, because the old furnace is a true PITA to service, especially if there is a board failure. I am sure propane consumption will be stellar with the combo unit. And hopefully stellar maintenance  access too, depending on where they choose to position it. And way way quieter. Any details will be very welcome!

I agree with your decision to wait! Your drive home may be challenging, don’t rush if the weather turns bad.

John Davies

Spokane WA

John,

The Truma furnace is standard in 2023 and it is the Vario-Heat model.  That is why it is not mentioned in the Truma "package" where you get the A/C, water heater and winter ops filter (if you want it).  We ordered all 3 Truma pieces.

I spoke to Truma before I visited the factory last week and they asked me how Oliver was running all three on the wall control because you can only connect two devices to it. When I got there and checked, the Furnace and Water Heater are controlled on the wall unit and the A/C is controlled via a handheld remote control.  Hmmmm... seems there could have been some additional thought put into that one.

Maybe changes are coming.

Brian

• Like 1

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
On 7/5/2022 at 5:22 PM, Patriot said:

I believe they will be getting the new Truma combo AC, Frig, and Furnace if it’s a 2023. This is what we saw in a demo Ollie at this past summers Oliver Rally. 

The new Fridge is a 110vac/12vdc Isotherm model and is 4.5 cu ft.  It's funny, it is very similar to the Isotherm my brother in law has on his boat. They are very popular in the marine community.

Brian

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

OTT just posted about 60 of the 2023 Owner's Manuals.  The one that caught my eye is the Truma Eco a/c.

Here is the info of question:

6.1.2 Operation with generator or power inverter The air conditioner can be operated with a power inverter or generator. The following specifications are recommended: • Power inverter type: Pure sine-wave voltage • Nominal voltage: 110 V - 130 V AC • Phase: 1 • Frequency: 60 Hz. +/- 5 % • Inrush current capability: 250 ms with 115 V / 60 A RMS. • Loads: ohmic and inductive • Recommended power: min. 3000 W

I wonder if OTT is providing the EZ-Start with this unit?  Will it tolerate using one?

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Truma will not allow an Easy Start to be installed in an Aventa air conditioner.  So, you must have at least a 3KW Inverter/generator to run it.  One trade off for a quieter unit.

• Like 3

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 7/5/2022 at 6:00 PM, snakeriveridaho said:

Hi Dewdev, 

We are getting the platinum solar. I know it’s expensive, but we are planning on this being our retirement trailer. We like being off grid, not exclusively, but enough that I believe we will our money’s worth. 
Patriot, we are getting the Truma AC/hot water heater combo and the 12 v fridge.

Kirk 

• Like 1

• Moderator+
7 hours ago, Mark Meadows said:

Hi, how many hours can you run the AC using the platinum solar package?

I expect that would depend on several factors. Are you running any other 120V appliances? Is your fridge pulling from the batteries at the same time? Is it Daytime or Nighttime? Are you getting any replacement from the solar? How Much?

A more informative question would be "How long will it take to replace 300 amp-hours if I run my batteries down half way while running my AC?"  With really good sun, 400 watts of solar and a quality MPPT charge controller will produce 20 – 24 amps of power per hour on average. Assuming there are 6 hours of sunlight during the day, this would amount to 120 – 140 amp-hours over 24 hours. In the middle of winter or on cloudy days, you might get 3 hours of peak sunlight. This amounts to an output of 60 – 80 amp-hours. You should be able to get the batteries back up to 100% SOC in about 3 days. Here again, this is dependent on the sun and how much energy you pull out during the charging period. A generator would be much quicker.

• Like 8

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 5:24 PM, Mark Meadows said:

Hi, how many hours can you run the AC using the platinum solar package?

Hi Mark, 

Carrie and I are not planning on powering our air-conditioner with solar/batteries. We rarely use the air-conditioner. If we need it, we will find somewhere to plug in or bring a generator. It would be problematic to expect the battery and solar to keep up with that degree of energy consumption. 

Kirk

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

On 8/23/2023 at 8:17 AM, snakeriveridaho said:

Hi Mark, 

Carrie and I are not planning on powering our air-conditioner with solar/batteries. We rarely use the air-conditioner. If we need it, we will find somewhere to plug in or bring a generator. It would be problematic to expect the battery and solar to keep up with that degree of energy consumption. 

Kirk

Thanks , that’s pretty much what I plan on doing too. I have the AGM batteries but I was curious about lithium and the high price. I can plug into the truck bed outlets if needed and I might buy a generator as well.

• Like 4