Anyone towing an Elite II with a Jeep Gladiator

Trainman

I would like to try it, but after watching all the YouTube videos on Gladiator towing I don't think I would do it. Now let me say here the Gladiator will do it, but from what I have seen the engine RPM's will have to run at a much higher rate on the V6 gas engine, yes the diesel would do a great job, but for my use the diesel is out. Higher engine RPM's and engine noise level will be higher thus the wife and I just don't see it working for us. Would like to hear from someone who is doing this and see what you have to say about you experiences with Gladiator. 

trainman

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Looks like towing capacity is only in the 4k range for most models. Personally, I wouldn't even attempt it.

• Like 2

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

Even if you can get it moving, you are in serious trouble when you try to stop a trailer the clearly outweighs your tow vehicle.

I'm sure people do it all the time, but when you get into an accident, irrespective of whose fault it is, any decent lawyer is going to chew you up in court based on the tow ratings alone.

I'm with CRM, I wouldn't even attempt it.

• Like 2

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

So far hoho and CRM do not have the facts together, the Gladiator Sport with Max Tow Pkg  has a towing capacity of 7600 lbs. and 1700 lbs. of carry on weight which includes tongue weight and carry on weight.  The Oliver Elite II will easily fit in this towing range, so once again is anyone towing with a Gladiator. Jeep Gladiator Factory Towing Specs.  

trainman

Jeep Gladiator Factory Towing Specs..jpeg

7 minutes ago, Trainman said:

So far hoho and CRM do not have the facts together, the Gladiator Sport with Max Tow Pkg  has a towing capacity of 7600 lbs. and 1700 lbs. of carry on weight which includes tongue weight and carry on weight.  The Oliver Elite II will easily fit in this towing range, so once again is anyone towing with a Gladiator. 

trainman

Was just going by the weight specs on their website. They'd be smart to include the optional towing package capacity in those specs..

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

19 hours ago, CRM said:

Was just going by the weight specs on their website. They'd be smart to include the optional towing package capacity in those specs..

I did the same.  I went to the Jeep Gladiator  and looked up the specs which showed a towing weight capacity of 4000 lbs.  The listing provided didn't show any version having a rating of over 4000 lbs.  If the numbers are in error, then my assessment was made with inaccurate data.

• Like 2

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Curious why this topic is being brought up yet again, when back in 2018 the OP said this  (only one of several similar comments on various threads over a couple of years) -

"I've watched many of the TFLTruck videos and I really like there road test on the ike Gauntlet. OK, I watched the video on the Gladiator and it preformed as I thought it would, this trailer is too heavy for towing with a Gladiator. Now a trailer like a Casita will probably be ok, maybe even the Elite trailer will work, but the Elite II I would think not."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, katanapilot said:

Curious why this topic is being brought up yet again, when back in 2018 the OP said this  (only one of several similar comments on various threads over a couple of years) -

"I've watched many of the TFLTruck videos and I really like there road test on the ike Gauntlet. OK, I watched the video on the Gladiator and it preformed as I thought it would, this trailer is too heavy for towing with a Gladiator. Now a trailer like a Casita will probably be ok, maybe even the Elite trailer will work, but the Elite II I would think not."

I remember that review on TFL truck and that was why in my grey matter, when I saw this question come up (again) I immediately gave a thumbs down.  Regardless of what the specs say it CAN tow, it's just too little vehicle (mass) to be pulling and stopping  an Elite II (IMHO) safely.  It would be running on the edge of safe even in ideal conditions.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, hobo said:

I remember that review on TFL truck and that was why in my grey matter, when I saw this question come up (again) I immediately gave a thumbs down.  Regardless of what the specs say it CAN tow, it's just too little vehicle (mass) to be pulling and stopping  an Elite II (IMHO) safely.  It would be running on the edge of safe even in ideal conditions.

Well keeping the "pot stirred" just keeps things going, let's face it, things do change over time. This is no different that those asking the question will a Tacoma pull an Oliver Elite II, the answers are always the same. I know for me I would never want a Gladiator, or a Tacoma to pull and Oliver Elite II, but just wanting to hear from those who try it and they think it works for them. 

• Like 2