removing and Replacing old cualk around windows

• Moderators

Is there an issue with the caulking around your windows?  If it is a 2021 I wouldn’t think that the caulk would be old.  Any leaks?  

Our 2016 Oliver is going on 7 years old and the caulk around the windows is original, no leaks, no issues.  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

The larger window at the dinette table on my Oliver le1 leaked recently when it rained really hard. I see some of the caulking on the roof or around the window could be the problem. I'm thinking if I just replace whatever looks questionable should hopefully fix the problem.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jheim said:

Hi does anyone have any suggestions on what the best way would be to remove old caulk on my 2021 Oliver LE 1? 

Oliver has a few videos on this topic including caulk recommendations in the Knowledge Base.   Check to be sure the problem is not just clogged window tracks.  

240FDEE6-49A0-4EE9-98AB-E1F7868198C1.jpeg

363A75DF-DDB0-407B-A558-4E5268962EB6.jpeg

• Like 6

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

Before removing the caulking, I would suggest that  you check the drain holes at the bottom of the window track to make sure they are clear and allowing the water that hits the window glass to drain out of the window track.

• Like 3

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

17 minutes ago, dewdev said:

Before removing the caulking, I would suggest that  you check the drain holes at the bottom of the window track to make sure they are clear and allowing the water that hits the window glass to drain out of the window track.

Yes cleaning the window track was the first thing I did. It hasn't rained hard since then but there are some places that the caulking seems a little sketchy. I'm figuring better to be on the safe side and reapply silicone or whatever I'm supposed to use.

• Like 3

No, minerals spirits doesn’t heurt gel coat,  clear coat, paint and fiberglass. Its the only product that doesn’t heurt them. I used them on my previous motorhome and fifth wheel. If your calking is clean, you can apply new one on it….there is a really good youtube channel with a professionnal technician who give really good tricks «  AZ Expert ». 

• Like 1

Elite2 2022, #1120. RAM 3500 Laramie 2022 diesel SRW

Quebec, Canada

previous rig:  35 foot fifth wheel with Ford f350 2018 diesel DRW