Cable TV hookup

Kmsea

We have hull 1221, 2022 model. First time at a campground with cable. Tried it out and cannot get channels to scan. We don’t have the switch for an antenna in the attic. Tried hooking coax to both cable and satellite on outside of trailer. Am I missing something? I can get my FireStick to work but hoping to avoid using that if possible. I’m thinking I should try the coax directly into tv in case it’s the wiring on the trailer. Thanks for any tips and tricks. 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

I do not have the Oliver roof TV antenna, I use the King Omni Antenna which is a portable antenna and the coax does plug into the outside cable port. As far as getting cable TV at a park I have not had a problem getting cable just as long as you setup your TV for Cable and not Air in the setup controls. Not sure how the Oliver TV antenna is setup so if there is a switch to switch on/off I do not know. TV setup is something you have to get use to as each time we camp at a different park, there seems to be a different way to do things at each park.  P S make sure the parks cable is working and our trailer did come from the factory with the outside cable jacks reversed and I had to switch them to the correct cable.

trainman 

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears. Oliver was sold.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Kmsea said:

We don’t have the switch for an antenna in the attic.

Are you sure?  This "switch" is simply a little black button that gets pushed in and out and has a little LED light that indicates if the signal boost is on or not.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

4 hours ago, Kmsea said:

We have hull 1221, 2022 model. First time at a campground with cable. Tried it out and cannot get channels to scan. We don’t have the switch for an antenna in the attic. Tried hooking coax to both cable and satellite on outside of trailer. Am I missing something? I can get my FireStick to work but hoping to avoid using that if possible. I’m thinking I should try the coax directly into tv in case it’s the wiring on the trailer. Thanks for any tips and tricks. 

If you have the Winegard Omni Direction Antenna, then you would have the booster switch. Look in the attic for a switch plate with a black button on it that topgun2 indicated. The button needs to be pushed in turn on the booster to get local TV stations. Not sure about how the cable works.

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

32 minutes ago, dewdev said:

The button needs to be pushed in turn on the booster to get local TV stations.

But it needs to be Off to use cable.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

2 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

But it needs to be Off to use cable.

Good to know. Thanks

Once needs to be done to get cable in a CG? Is it just connect the cable and configure the TV control for cable?

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, dewdev said:

Is it just connect the cable and configure the TV control for cable?

Yes - 

Connect coax cable to campground pedestal and then to "cable" input on the exterior of the Ollie.  Then set TV control for "cable" versus "over the air". Then "scan" for channels.  Once the scan is done you should be all set and the TV should show you on the screen whatever program is currently on the first channel found.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

On 10/14/2022 at 8:39 AM, topgun2 said:

Are you sure?  This "switch" is simply a little black button that gets pushed in and out and has a little LED light that indicates if the signal boost is on or not.

Bill

Positive, watched the video where it is shown and nothing is there. 

On 10/14/2022 at 9:06 AM, dewdev said:

If you have the Winegard Omni Direction Antenna, then you would have the booster switch. Look in the attic for a switch plate with a black button on it that topgun2 indicated. The button needs to be pushed in turn on the booster to get local TV stations. Not sure about how the cable works.

We don't have the antenna, and do not have the booster switch. 

• Moderators

OK - that does help narrow the possibilities.

Can you get "over the air" TV?

If yes, then you do have an antenna somewhere.  And, therefore, a booster switch - somewhere.

If no, then I would assume that you have a coaxial connection issue.

Bill

Near Asheville, NC

Hi, Kmsea, I had the same problem..  I traced the cable from the cable port to the attic .. I had remove the left side with the 120 v receptacle that the tv plugs in.  The cable was just there…the coax that was plugged into the tv was the extra cable laying up in attic..  I unhooked the coax from tv pulled it up through black cloth and attached the correct cable to the tv..  Works perfect now..  I hope this helps..

2022 Elite I  # 1179  |  2024 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax. 5.5 ft. Bed. 3.31gears 10 spd.trans

On 10/14/2022 at 4:15 AM, Kmsea said:

I’m thinking I should try the coax directly into tv in case it’s the wiring on the trailer.

This would be a good first step for troubleshooting. Go direct from the campground connection to the TV and scan again. If that doesn't work the problem would be either your cable (possible), the campground cable connection (likely), or the TV itself (doubtful if it's scanning). If it works, the problem is the Ollie wiring.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg