Oliver Modification Wish List

Katjo

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mainiac said:

Guess I am glad when  going down some narrow streets and in traffic too.

Apparently you missed that class in Physics where it was taught that the faster you go in an enclosed vehicle the more negative air pressure builds inside the vehicle.  In turn this will result in the vehicle becoming more narrow as the external relatively higher pressure combined with the relatively lower negative internal pressure makes the vehicle smaller.  So, the answer is to simply put your foot to the floor!😬

Bill

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

3 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Apparently you missed that class in Physics where it was taught that the faster you go in an enclosed vehicle the more negative air pressure builds inside the vehicle.  In turn this will result in the vehicle becoming more narrow as the external relatively higher pressure combined with the relatively lower negative internal pressure makes the vehicle smaller.  So, the answer is to simply put your foot to the floor!😬

Actually I taught that class. Evidently you missed the part that this only works in going forward mode. It seems that if you accelerate to much in the going back mode, you end up in the future...

• Haha 5
  • Wow 1

On 11/2/2022 at 1:45 AM, Mainiac said:

Once I backed down a narrow mountain road, because the Garmin didn't know the road was washed out.  With the backup camera and no wobbling mirror extenders I was glad the Oliver was no wider. Guess I am glad when  going down some narrow streets and in traffic too.

I agree with your thoughts.  I like the fact that our OE2 is narrow enough to ride nicely in the slip stream of our F-150.  

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

agree with your thoughts.  I like the fact that our OE2 is narrow enough to ride nicely in the slip stream of our F-150.  

I think that they were able to pack so many functional features into 7 feet width is the best feature of all. A little turn I can see my tires, and marker lights. Going down the road everything looks like a normal drive, until I look in the rearview mirror. Then all of a sudden there is a big white object tailgating me. 

• Like 6