Vanity H20 Pump Hookup

GAP

Hey All,

I was doing some work under the bathroom sink.  Pulled the insert out of the vanity and left the switch for the water pump hooked up.  Someone trying to help me out unhooked that connection and did not map out how things were originally attached.  No good deed goes unpunished.  There are 6 potential points of attachment and only three wires to hook into those points and I have not yet been able to figure out the configuration?  I'll run at with a multi meter but am not a master of that device.  Can anyone help me out with this?

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

Oliver uses a DPDT switch here but only one of the poles is utilized. Therefore, use the three inline terminals on either side/pole of the switch. You could look for use-marks on the switch terminals to determine which pole the wires were on originally.

Two of three wires (travelers) should be the same color. The third, different color, wire comes from the fuse.  Connect the fuse wire to the middle or common terminal and the other two to either of the end terminals, doesn't matter which.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6

This pic may help to add to what bhncb posted.  Black wire to the middle terminal of one set of terminals.  And the gray to the outer end terminals.  Both of my gray wires have a red stripe.   The spiral wrap is something I added to clean up the wiring a bit. 

C30A1175-CF34-4A76-8B8E-EE9543B5EEF8.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, bhncb said:

You could look for use-marks on the switch terminals to determine which pole the wires were on originally.

Careful examination of the blades on the switch in good light should reveal which ones have scratches on them and which ones don't.   The scratches, of course, indicate that they were originally used.

The three unused blades might even be a bit dusty already, which would also indicate that the other terminals were the ones that were originally connected.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Just now, Frank C said:

This pic may help to add to what bhncb posted.  Black wire to the middle terminal of one set of three poles.  And the gray to the outer end terminals.  Both of my gray wires have a red stripe.   The spiral wrap is something I added to clean up the wiring a bit. 

C30A1175-CF34-4A76-8B8E-EE9543B5EEF8.jpeg

Thanks both of you for that.  Much appreciated.  

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

And it’s a DPDT (double pole double throw) switch, so it doesn’t matter which set of 3 inline terminals you use. Either set of 3 will work.   The other unused set of 3 inline terminals will just serve no function since the switch is only switching one load (the pump). 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4