Truma Electric Antifreeze Kit

RustyMD

I’m trying out my Truma electric antifreeze kit for the first time today. It’s not freezing, just trying it for the first time. It has been buzzing continuously for the past 15 minutes, just a low steady hum/buzz. It seems to be the same sound made when you first turn on the Truma water heater until the pilot turns on and the water heater starts. Didn’t know the norm. I turned it off and restarted the water heater which works fine, but when I restarted the antifreeze kit it started the buzz again. Thanks.

Robert Youens

2023 LEII Hull #1304

TV 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi e-torque with tow package

• Moderators
14 hours ago, RustyMD said:

Didn’t know the norm.

Neither do I since I don't have one.

However, maybe that buzz is there so that you can find it?😄

Bill

P.S. sorry but I just could not resist - its a joke!

• Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

15 hours ago, RustyMD said:

I’m trying out my Truma electric antifreeze kit for the first time today. It’s not freezing, just trying it for the first time. It has been buzzing continuously for the past 15 minutes, just a low steady hum/buzz. It seems to be the same sound made when you first turn on the Truma water heater until the pilot turns on and the water heater starts. Didn’t know the norm. I turned it off and restarted the water heater which works fine, but when I restarted the antifreeze kit it started the buzz again. Thanks.

The circulation pump runs continuously in antifreeze mode. That's probably what you're hearing.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RustyMD said:

I’m trying out my Truma electric antifreeze kit for the first time today. It’s not freezing, just trying it for the first time. It has been buzzing continuously for the past 15 minutes, just a low steady hum/buzz.

The low-level buzz is normal when using the Truma antifreeze kit.

During our 6-day cold-weather trip from Hohenwald back to Idaho last November, we left the Truma antifreeze unit installed 24/7.   When camped for the night, we turned on the propane and set the Truma AquaGo to either Eco or Comfort mode, which not only provided hot water when we needed it, but kept the Truma AquaGo from freezing.  When on the road during the day, we turned off the propane and set the Truma AquaGo to Antifreeze mode.  That kept it from freezing while we were on the road, without having to leave the propane on.  But when Antifreeze mode was turned on, there was always that low buzzing sound emanating from the Truma AquaGo.

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

Thanks to everyone. Just needed someone with knowledge and experience as a confidence booster. Even liked the joke; chuckle, chuckle.

Going to Santa Fe at the end of January and thought I might hit some daytime freezing temperatures while traveling.

• Like 1

Robert Youens

2023 LEII Hull #1304

TV 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Hemi e-torque with tow package