Chocks and blocks

SYoung

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

For chocks, I'm a huge fan of the relatively cheap but very effective (and heavy) Harbor Freight rubber chocks, for all our trailers. 

No experience with x chocks, as we have a single axle 2008 E1.

Jack blocks for us have always been lumber cutoffs, salvaged from projects. They're heavier to carry around than plastic, but stackable, biodegradable, and  burnable, if necessary,  at end of life.  

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

No experience with "X-chocks" but have been told that if you are sensitive to trailer movement these help.

like SeaDawg I'm a fan of he Harbor Freight rubber chocks like THESE.

Solid Rubber Wheel Chock

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

Forgot - 

As for leveling blocks - it is hard to beat Andersen levelers but if you are looking for stabilizers to use under your 'stabilizers" then a eleven inch length of 6x6 treated lumber is hard to beat.

You can use them on their sides or on the end depending on how much distance you are trying to cover.

Bill

P1010218.JPG

P1000871.JPG

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

I've seen rhe Andersen levelers in action, and honestly,  if I were new to towing and leveling, they'd be in the kit. 

I do think they're pretty awesome

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We use the same rubber chocks as shown above, bought at Harbor Freight. 
We also use X-Chocks, they do help with movement when inside the camper. 

• Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

We use all three of the items recommended above with our LEI. I recommend all threeI:

• Andersen Ultimate Gear Kit
    • Be sure to use the wedges under the curved levelers, to prevent your trailer rolling forward after unhitching.
  • X Chocks
    • Be sure to check tightness if you adjust the leveling after installing the X Chocks.
  • Harbor Freight rubber chocks (4X)
    • I place two on each side BETWEEN the wheels, which makes them captive and less likely to scoot.
  • We also use the Camco Yellow Stabilizer Jack Supports, as well as 3 wooden blocks 6" x 4" x 4".
    • The square spacers from the Andersen kit are used on top of the jack supports, in combination with a wooden block, if needed.
  • These items in combination have enabled us to deal with a wide variety of sites, with varying degrees of non-level parking area.

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

14 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I've seen rhe Andersen levelers in action, and honestly,  if I were new to towing and leveling, they'd be in the kit. 

I do think they're pretty awesome

Especially when combined with the Level Mate Pro!

I used the BAL leveler on our Hiker trailer, but it was a PITA to use.

R.c30352df076406d1b8c6520d5a0be13b.thumb.jpeg.07151a14900f8849090a22a601507987.jpeg

So I got an Anderson leveler, which worked great. If we wanted the trailer crossways on a site, we'd just rotate it by hand, and shove it onto the Anderson leveler until level. So when I ordered the Oliver, a new set was among the first things I ordered.

I too have several of the Harbor Freight chocks.

• Like 3

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg