30amp Plug on Oliver

John Dorrer

I decided to check the backside of the 30amp plug under the rear dinette seat.. I want to check and make sure the wiring screws were tight. Someone else did this and it looked easy. I'm electronically challenged. First, I tried regular and metric Allen wrenches

I could seem to find one that fit and I couldn't budge the Allen screw. Need someone to walk me through the steps. The lower screw appears to go through the power cord. What does the Allen screw do and what is the larger screw do? Any help would be appreciated. Sometimes it is better to not open Pandora's box. Any help on what needs to be done and how would be greatly appreciated.

PXL_20230817_150925292.jpg

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Lordy God!  I’m having a hard time seeing detail in the zoomed in photo, but the top screw appears to be an apex head, and I hate them with a passion.  It’s like a Phillips, but the center point is offset.  

The bottom might be a square drive, but again there isn’t enough detail when I zoom in.

• Like 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

They both look like (maybe) #2 Phillips screws. The bottom screw may secure the cord itself to the plug assembly.  The center screw likely removes the cap to expose the individual 30Amp wire connectors.

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

55 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

They both look like (maybe) #2 Phillips screws. The bottom screw may secure the cord itself to the plug assembly.  The center screw likely removes the cap to expose the individual 30Amp wire connectors.

Using a DeWalt Impact Driver would be my tool of choice.

GJ

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg