Hearing aid charging in Oliver

John Dorrer

I just got hear aids and hoping someone can share their charging experience in their Oliver.

Just purchased Oticon hearing aids. When plugged into shore Power, I can plug into 110. I can also use USB. 

The charging manual says to ensure that the power source is USB 2.0 compliant, with a minimum of 500mA output.

The USB cord has the oval end. I don't have access to our Oliver right now to see what the USB looks like. Wonder if Oliver installs the new oval plug or the older that has a longer bottom leg with shorter upper leg.

Worst case, I'm guessing I can purchase a 12-volt plug, that has the newer USB plug on the the end.

Any advise would be appreciated.

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

John, All of our devices use USB-C, so I have a few of these scattered among our vehicles. They were $13 CyberMonday. Anker is a reputable brand. You'll likely find less expensive versions, but I've had no-name USB-A adapters melt before.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0843SCLYH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

61y5cohnVHS._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.d2fe8d9d73bdf9c55aa92a19266f89d2.jpg

• Like 5

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

+1

My wife has (2-3 year old) Oticon hearing aids with a USB-A charging plug, which works fine with the Blue Sea 2x USB-A outlets that Oliver was installing back in late 2018. I'm not familiar with what they're installing now. I'm not surprised that Oticon has likely upgraded to USB-C charging since then as its becoming much more universal.

We also have several Anker 12V USB-A/C adapter plugs similar to the one Steve Morris has shown above, and second his recommendation for Anker USB products.

I did a quick survey on the Blue Sea website, and could not find any USB-C flush-mount outlets from Blue Sea available yet. Those outlets are not difficult to swap out if you can find one from a quality manufacturer that has the same form factor as the factory installed units (thus eliminating the need to use the separate USB adaptor plug...).

A USB-A to USB-C adapter would also work as Mike has suggested.

• Thanks 1

Tom & Holly

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite I #409 - 2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3L Gas, 4x4 Z71, Dbl Cab, Std Bed

2023-10-16OliverCampedStates(medium).jpg.8e9964c26c7927a0077806565b9dcfc2.jpg

50 minutes ago, Steve Morris said:

John, All of our devices use USB-C, so I have a few of these scattered among our vehicles. They were $13 CyberMonday. Anker is a reputable brand. You'll likely find less expensive versions, but I've had no-name USB-A adapters melt before.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0843SCLYH?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

61y5cohnVHS._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.d2fe8d9d73bdf9c55aa92a19266f89d2.jpg

Thank You. 

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

1 minute ago, ADKCamper said:

+1

My wife has (2-3 year old) Oticon hearing aids with a USB-A charging plug, which works fine with the Blue Sea 2x USB-A outlets that Oliver was installing back in late 2018. I'm not familiar with what they're installing now. I'm not surprised that Oticon has likely upgraded to USB-C charging since then as its becoming much more universal.

We also have several Anker 12V USB-A/C adapter plugs similar to the one Steve Morris has shown above, and second his recommendation for Anker USB products.

I did a quick survey on the Blue Sea website, and could not find any USB-C flush-mount outlets from Blue Sea available yet. Those outlets are not difficult to swap out if you can find one from a quality manufacturer that has the same form factor as the factory installed units (thus eliminating the need to use the separate USB adaptor plug...).

A USB-A to USB-C adapter would also work as Mike has suggested.

I went back toy charger and it is the regular USB, which will plug in just fine.

This must have been a brain fart on my part. Not sure how I was thinking there was a "C" end.🙃

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1