Tire Wear Question

• Moderators

I’ve never had any odd temperature readings on any of the four tires on my TST TPMS.  I’ll be checking wheel temperature now too….

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
On 1/18/2024 at 9:18 AM, topgun2 said:

Another possible reason for that tire going bad when the other three (bought at the same time) look fine - that tire was defective in the first place...

I agree with Bill, given you checked most everything else. @Mike and Carol you have a new tire now, so all is good for many miles, long after you return home.

Whatever you do, please do not take the bad advice given to raise your tire pressure! Always maintain tire pressure based on trailer and TV axle weights and tire manufacturer load tables. This is a matter of physics vs. opinion.

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
8 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Whatever you do, please do not take the bad advice given to raise your tire pressure! Always maintain tire pressure based on trailer and TV axle weights and tire manufacturer load tables. This is a matter of physics vs. opinion.

Discount Tire put 75psi in the new tire, because that’s what their policy is.  I just winked at the guy and corrected it when I got home.

• Like 2

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mike and Carol said:

Discount Tire put 75psi in the new tire, because that’s what their policy is.

Interesting:

When I had my new Cooper's installed at Discount Tire, they asked me what psi I'd like to have.

Local policy perhaps?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

2 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Discount Tire put 75psi in the new tire, because that’s what their policy is.  I just winked at the guy and corrected it when I got home.

I had DT install metal valve stems on all wheels last summer on a return trip from West Texas, had two rubber stem failures (with mounted TPMS devices) likely due to extreme heat at the time (110°+). Upon leaving, I went directly to a nearby Walmart and deflated the tires to 55 psi. 

58 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Interesting:

When I had my new Cooper's installed at Discount Tire, they asked me what psi I'd like to have.

Local policy perhaps?

Bill

That would be my guess.

• Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

When I had my new Cooper's installed at Discount Tire, they asked me what psi I'd like to have. Local policy perhaps? Bill

Some associates enforce company policy, and some have a better understanding of Total Customer Satisfaction!

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators

When I had the Coopers installed a few years ago, at the same DT, they filled to my specifications.  Probably an individual issue.

• Like 1