DEtails on a "new" 2016 Oliver Elite II

topgun2

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, FauxPa said:

I understand the original owner had requested several items focused around cold weather - tank heaters (both 110V and 12V, additional insulations prior to the shells closure, etc. ... would be interesting to talk to that owner to better understand his driving factors, and then why he sold within a couple of years (but I respect his privacy and will NOT be reaching out to him) ... lots of other little items I've noticed as well - switches and monitors located differently than today's, gas stove facing a different direction, etc.

If you know Anita in the Oliver Sales office then she can (probably) give you a bunch more detail than I can give here.

I fairly sure that your Ollie was built for a guy located in Greer, SC.  His job had something to do with "fracking" for oil in PA and maybe even NY and since he spent a fair amount of time in these locations during the winter he wanted the tank heaters.  Since he used the Oliver for its intended purpose, he found out that when it got cold and he could use those tank heaters, he was forced to stay inside the camper for extended periods of time (hard to be outside with all the cold and snow).  So, even though he still highly praised his Oliver, he decided to sell it in order to have more interior room during those periods of confinement.

I'm assuming that the gas stove you refer to has to do with its orientation - the lift up shield and the burners are straight in front of you as opposed to the shield "protecting" the curbside bed and having to reach across the front burner to get to the rear burner.  This was the original orientation (and what I have on my #117) but given the number of owners that were asking for the cooktop to be turned, Oliver made this "turned" stove the standard.

When I was looking at purchasing an Oliver, it was Windcrasher that had the only video available on YouTube.  I must have watched that lone video 75 times during the production of Twist - no, there was not such thing as the Oliver University either at that time.  He had posted a few other vids about his Oliver, his Travato van, and his fancy tugboat looking boat that he was having built.  But, shortly after he sold his Oliver the videos on YouTube disappeared.

A quick Google search of his "old" blog and video name turned up THIS review of camper vans he saw at the 2014 Hershey RV show.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

I just found THIS link in my old Oliver files.

It just might give you even more info about your baby when it was new!

Bill

But wait - there's more to include that video I thought was lost.  Find it HERE

Edited by topgun2
added link for video and review
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Wow, thanks for reposting that video! It sure brings back memories. We had been “shopping” for campers off and on for years but a long story short, one evening I googled “large molded fiberglass camper” and this video popped up. I looked at it and called my wife in to look at the video and we both said this is the trailer, this is it! We called Oliver and set up an appointment to go see one and to come to the factory for a tour. The rest is history. One of the best decisions we’ve ever made. 

• Like 3

2017 Elite II, Hull #208

2019 Chevy HD 2500 Duramax

Yeah, Wow! ... thanks ... great info and background ... and nice to see my Ollie 069 when it was young ... it still looks real nice! ... I'd seen the walkaround video once when I'd bought it from "try2relax" - Randy (2nd owner)  ... Wincrasher's blog and video has reminded me of some of the things that Randy (2nd owner had changed ... I'll need to look in more detail as I have some time.  Thanks again for the link-up.  Cheers, -Dan

• Like 1

Danno and Donna | Pittsburgh, PA | Hull# 069 - 2015 Ollie Elite II | 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 

• Moderators

Wincrasher’s video was what turned us to Oliver as well.  There wasn’t much out there when we started looking (2015).  Looks like he had an influence on a lot of us early owners.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS