Antenna Pole Base Modification

Here is my latest modification for an antenna pole holder. I used a 3” (bolt side) x 4” (height) x 5” (wide) .250 inch thick right angle with two .375 U-brackets while utilizing existing bumper bolts, washers, nuts and holes. I made sure the round pipe was 2 inches away from edge of the right angle aluminum (towards rear, away from Ollie) so that this pipe did not interfere with the swinging bumper when closing/pinning with locking pins. Make sure the 2 holes in the right angle are away from the right angle radius so that the large existing washers will not be on top of this radius (so washers are flush on top of metal). The U-brackets will allow you to move the pole upward or downward, along with removal for when towing so the lights are not blocked. The 22 ft flag pole I purchased is fiberglass from polesandholders.com and it is collapsible. The flagpole holders from this site will not work for my chosen bumper location. The inside flagpole holder pipe diameter will be determined by your flagpole outside diameter measurement. 

IMG_2246.jpeg

IMG_2245.jpeg

IMG_2244.jpeg

IMG_2242.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Nice work - thanks for sharing, @NomadLife.  Will this be a mount for your vertical HAM radio antenna?  Are you considering radials also?  Just curious....

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

@NomadLife thanks for posting, let us know how your shake down of that mod works out. It appears to be a very solid mounting set up.

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 2/13/2024 at 10:13 AM, MAX Burner said:

Nice work - thanks for sharing, @NomadLife.  Will this be a mount for your vertical HAM radio antenna?  Are you considering radials also?  Just curious....

Thank you!  Regarding your questions, please message me when you get a chance.

On 2/13/2024 at 11:27 AM, Patriot said:

@NomadLife thanks for posting, let us know how your shake down of that mod works out. It appears to be a very solid mounting set up.

You're welcome! I remove the bracket (2 bumper bolts only) then re-install the 2 bolts only through the bumper for travel so the lights are not blocked. This is easier than removing 4 nuts from the U-clamps. The telescope pole allows me to keep the pole inside of my OE2.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1