2024 Texas Oliver Rally

I am organizing a small rally in Texas October 21-24 at Inks Lake State Park.  This rally is for Oliver Owners

https://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/pwdpubs/media/park_maps/pwd_mp_p4507_015k.pdf

Beginning May 21 at 8 am CST you will be able to reserve a site for your yourself.  I would appreciate you letting me know your hull number and site number so I may include it on a list of participating owners.  You may call the Texas Parks & Wildlife office at 512-388-8900 to reserve your site or use reserveamerica.com.  Sites 41-57 are not available.

This rally is in the Hill Country and not to far from Fredericksburg, Johnson City, etc.  lots of wineries in the area as well.  

Edited by Donna and Scott
Updating info
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 4

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Update for the Oct 21-24 Texas Oliver Rally.

Princess craft and approved dealer for oliver, has agreed to sponsor BBQ dinner for our rally the night of October 23rd. They also plan to have a service tech there to answer any questions. Hopefully we will have good weather but I will be reserving a covered pavilion. Princess Craft has been in contact with Phil from Oliver and he has offered to provide giveaway items for our event as well.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Here is a list of confirmed attendees.  I hope to add more names once folks can reserve a site starting May 21.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10cD_P4s4VHurTqXXPrQzQroPq_gmKNurQ4CSiFEZx7o/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Donna and Scott

14 hours ago, Donna and Scott said:

Points of interest...

Done Cooper's BBQ a few times, most every time we drove through Llano, often coming from the west, on the way back to Austin. Cooper's is a Hill Country Texas BBQ classic.

If you do head down an hour south to Johnson City, besides the LBJ Ranch to the west, one of our favorites is Pedernales Falls (just 12 min east of US-281). We've been there 3-4 times, when we lived in Lakeway TX. When the water is running it's a fun place, and decent hiking: Pedernales Falls State Park — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department What are the water levels like this year?

I've heard that while LBJ was president, he had the Army Corps of Engineers change the direction of the Pedernales River, so that it would run through their ranch, water their cattle. When we lived in Austin, paid our electric bill to the Pedernales Electric Coopertive (PEC). 

Or you could just save gas money and time, take it easy and hang at Inks Lake!

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
6 hours ago, jd1923 said:

When we lived in Austin, paid our electric bill to the Pedernales Electric Coopertive (PEC). 

We get our electricity from PEC…

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Donna and Scott -- I just want to let you know that Marianne Odom and I plan to bring our trailer to the rally. I will send you the site number when we register.

To others who plan to attend, who are not familiar with Texas state park reservations, the sites usually go fast once registrations are open. So plan to register as close to 8 a.m. May 21 when registration opens for those dates.

By the way, if you haven't been to Inks Lake before, it's a great park for the scenery along the water. Be sure to check out the Devil's Waterhole on the far east side of the lake. There is a trail there. Also, you can rent a kayak at the park store and paddle there.

• Like 1

John Goodspeed, Marianne Odom and Mattie, a St. Bernard, Labrador retriever and Boston terrier mix, of San Antonio, Texas

"Gulliver," 2016 Legacy Elite II, twin beds, Hull No. 128

Tow vehicle: 2002 Ford F350 Lariat crew cab long bed 4x4 with 7.3 Power Stroke diesel, 3:73 differentials and Diamondback cover

10 hours ago, John_Goodspeed said:

Donna and Scott -- I just want to let you know that Marianne Odom and I plan to bring our trailer to the rally. I will send you the site number when we register.

To others who plan to attend, who are not familiar with Texas state park reservations, the sites usually go fast once registrations are open. So plan to register as close to 8 a.m. May 21 when registration opens for those dates.

By the way, if you haven't been to Inks Lake before, it's a great park for the scenery along the water. Be sure to check out the Devil's Waterhole on the far east side of the lake. There is a trail there. Also, you can rent a kayak at the park store and paddle there.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.  I am hoping that the weather will be perfect as well

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is just an update reminder that if you are an Oliver Owner starting May 21, 2024 call the Texas Parks Department at 512-389-8900. I did reserve the only Pavilion they have for the barbecue that Princess Craft RV from Round Rock will be providing on October 23rd. this Pavilion is near sights 83 to 91. These sites were available when I last checked.  Remember to let me know your site number, hull number, and who is attending.  I have posted updates on Facebook as well.  Rodney Lomax and Matt Duncan are also aware of this event.  Hopefully someone from the mothership will be able to attend as well.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Donna and Scott said:

this Pavilion is near sights 83 to 91. These sites were available when I last checked.  Remember to let me know your site number, hull number, and who is attending.  I have posted updates on Facebook as well.

Are you checking on the parks web site or calling direct?  They do not show ability to reserve sites more than 5 months out.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Starting May 21 you can reserve.  I checked with the Parks Department as the Pavilion had already been reserved part if the week, but The 23 was reserved for us.  She said then that those that want to attend should do so as quickly as possible on the 21st of May because whomever reserved the pavilion for the other dates are probably going to be camping that week too.

• Like 2