Problem with city water connection

Water leaks out of the city water connection when nothing is connected to it and we run the pump.  I am thinking that the check valve in the city water line is not working.  Anyone have experience with this problem?  Can I get to the check valve so it can be replaced?  Thanks in advance for your advice!  Bob

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Yes it might be check valve, but look into the inlet of your fresh and city water connectors, you will see a hex. (I think its 1/2”) fitting like the below piture, tighten that hex. fitting and hopefully that will solve your proble. .

A5204E14-0118-4E46-83BE-BB82A5ACD250.thumb.jpeg.1058553e3a7efd0a4a594597d9044525.jpeg

• Like 3

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

It would need the hex tightened when leaking upon hookup. Since the City Water is leaking when running the pump from the Fresh Tank, it must be the backflow preventer (check valve).

You have no sig, so can't tell hull number, but for ours in 2016 these are in the back of the basement/trunk (see pic).

Water Lines.jpg

• Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

3 hours ago, rich.dev said:

Yes it might be check valve, but look into the inlet of your fresh and city water connectors, you will see a hex. (I think its 1/2”) fitting like the below piture, tighten that hex. fitting and hopefully that will solve your proble. .

A bolt head of the right size is a suitable substitute for a very large Allen Wrench.

GJ

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ospreybob said:

Water leaks out of the city water connection when nothing is connected to it and we run the pump.  I am thinking that the check valve in the city water line is not working.  Anyone have experience with this problem?  Can I get to the check valve so it can be replaced?  Thanks in advance for your advice!  Bob

1 hour ago, jd1923 said:

It would need the hex tightened when leaking upon hookup. Since the City Water is leaking when running the pump from the Fresh Tank, it must be the backflow preventer (check valve).

You have no sig, so can't tell hull number, but for ours in 2016 these are in the back of the basement/trunk (see pic).

Water Lines.jpg

Thanks, folks, for all the great input.  Much appreciated!  I'll try to tighten the hex as a first step.  I appreciate the large bolt suggestion!  

We own hull 747.

If it is a bad check valve, is the valve separate from the city water fitting or integrated into it?

Bob Frank