Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/04/2018 in all areas

  1. This may not help everyone, but this is what I did. I have a little different situation. I have a home in VA and I am building a garage in KY. We will build a house in about two years. I intended to use the garage for storage, de-clutter our house. before we sell it. I also go there whit my camper. I was told after several discussions with my local agent and the one in KY that since I did not live in KY at the property, I had to go with commercial insurance. I dug a little further, and since my garage has a 10' x 26' room, that would qualify as living space, they will insure me as a second house. Kinda like a lake cottage or cabin. I do have heating & cooling, electrical and water. When the agent asked about a bath room, I told her I had an out house. The cost is around $550.00 per year, including liability and theft. I will set up some cots, and chairs in the room and take some pictures so I can prove I used it as a cabin.
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • carpenter earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Year In
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Scott and Nancy earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Skynyrd earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Dean and Mary went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Vish earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Dean and Mary earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • dkeen earned a badge
      One Year In
    • FirstApex went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Pat Radack went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • Boudicca908 went up a rank
      Veteran
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information