Shocks failed

I had a spring fail, so I decided to replace all four springs. In the process of replacing springs I realized that all four of my shocks had failed. I have about 35k miles on the trailer and was surprised that all four shocks had failed.  Has anyone replaced the stock shocks with a higher quality product?

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull #845

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Yes, lots and lots of good info at your finger tips.  Try searching as below.

GJ .

image.png.563a1d1efd763f9c41ac9e77c86a9104.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

@Stevon -  We replaced our's last year.  The shocks were most likely OEM from when Oliver built it - if memory serves, 3 of the 4 were bad.  We went with the same shock from Monroe - only difference was they're no longer yellow, they're black now.  We'll be checking these new shocks when we replace the leaf springs in a couple weeks.  They've got just north of 11k miles on them...FYI

PS:  It would be nice if you could add your OTT hull number and year to your signature block so other owners can better help answer any future questions you may have.

Edited by MAX Burner

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

36 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

@Stevon -  We replaced our's last year.  The shocks were most likely OEM from when Oliver built it - if memory serves, 3 of the 4 were bad.  We went with the same shock from Monroe - only difference was they're no longer yellow, they're black now.  We'll be checking these new shocks when we replace the leaf springs in a couple weeks.  They've got just north of 11k miles on them...FYI

PS:  It would be nice if you could add your OTT hull number and year to your signature block so other owners can better help answer any future questions you may have.

Same here. One was bad so I bought a pair of the same model monroe. Could not find a better shock as nothing cross-references with it. Anyone have a better shock please provide make and part number

• Like 1

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

6 hours ago, Mountainman198 said:

Could not find a better shock as nothing cross-references with it. Anyone have a better shock please provide make and part number

Dexter may have a suggestion for a better shock for the OTT running gear.  I'll check with Mike at ALCON Springs tomorrow - he may have a suggestion as they do a lot of rock crawler suspension mods....

Edited by MAX Burner
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX