Goal Zero Pro 4000 backup power

Heavy but nice backup and works seamlessly with all their solar panels. 30 amp plug in back. 3600 watt inverter. 4kWh backup expandable to 20kWh. Lockable mount.

The one drawback to installing the MP2 the way I did was that it has to be on for power to pass through (shore or gen) so I haven't figured out yet if the Yeti can only be supplemental power outdoors, etc or if there is a workaround so it can actually be main power backup. 

Best, M

IMG_7385.thumb.jpeg.ef59f0d719a123076424b37852237220.jpegIMG_7394.thumb.jpeg.41c18192a5aabf03c7f448270354eb9a.jpeg

IMG_7399.thumb.jpeg.9dc2bd151b84f76950bcd9bd8d2e58ec.jpeg

IMG_7397.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

No doubt it will be a great ‘backup’ power supply, but not certain it can be integrated into the Olivers electrical system in similar manner as a generator or shared solar input. This is one for the electrical engineers to chime in on!

• Like 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

https://goalzero.com/collections/escape-ecosystem-off-grid

They sell lots of different integration kits for off-grid use. So It can definitely be the primary power in ones TT but my specific application is trying to use it in conjunction with a Multiplus II. For me, I believe it will have to  be used boondocking for powering external equipment only. But all in all, tremendous upgrade for the GZ line of solar generators. LiFePO4 finally. 

• Like 3

- Mike

Nashville, TN

We have had a Goal Zero 400 Lithium power pack for 4-5 years. I got it as a back up to run my CPAP if home power goes out. I have taken it on every camping trip from truck camper to Oliver. I store it in the closet. I used the other night when we had severe storms for my CPAP and we charged our phones and my hearing aids. When we take our truck fridge, I use it overnight to power the fridge, and then plug it into 12-volt in the truck to charge it back up. I have their solar panel that I can take, but I find it bulky to take on a trip.

• Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, John Dorrer said:

We have had a Goal Zero 400 Lithium power pack for 4-5 years.

What you have had is Li-ion NMC. Lithium but very different than LFP technology. GZ first LiFePo4 solar generator was the Pro 4000.

Edited by rideadeuce
  • Like 4

- Mike

Nashville, TN

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Looks interesting and nice.  How will you protect it from weather?

Custom cover but it has some weather resistance, for the first time, built in as well. 

Edited by rideadeuce
  • Like 3

- Mike

Nashville, TN

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

For anyone interested, got the cover in from Covarsandall.com. Strong elastic cord around the button to keep it secure and has velcro flaps 6 in from the top front and back for access. Lighter material than my last from from them but seems durable and waterproof. Welcome20 will get you 20% off. 

Mike

IMG_7580.thumb.jpeg.6abb39c96cdf482c577229f154550dc2.jpegIMG_7581.thumb.jpeg.1da449a4aa45a7f6bb79da9ee5d99a2c.jpegIMG_7584.thumb.jpeg.04fa55a3a8871a4d72ad816d1055e082.jpegIMG_7585.thumb.jpeg.64b6d76d01a03081cf672a9f6ce4db09.jpeg

Edited by rideadeuce
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

- Mike

Nashville, TN

Hey, brother - just pulled into town early this afternoon.  Staying at an RV park near the airport.  D flies in tomorrow AM and we're headed to the owners rally on Tuesday.  Can you recommend a good "Monday Night" food joint nearby?  Just curious....  

Cheers!

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

@MAX Burner Wish I could have helped you find something but I don't get out to that side of town very often. Hope you have a great time at the Rally.

Cheers mate!

Oh, if you want a decent meal while in Guntersville check out The Rock House it is my favorite, Buck Pocket Steak house is good or check out City Harbor lots of good choices there. 

- Mike

Nashville, TN

Posted (edited)

Solid copy, @rideadeuce!  Thanks for the vectors in Guntersville, Mike - will look forward to them!

Cheers!

Edited by MAX Burner
typos

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I am using this setup to charge my 4 x Battleborn batteries. The Main unit is under my bed and 2 x 2000 watt are under the garage. I drilled hole so they sit perfectly in dead corner of the garage. and main unit sits under my bed. Ill have to crawl and get pictures. FYI you could charge your main batteries with your goal zero. With 97 percent efficiency on the new dc to dc charger you will not lose much !

image.png

Screenshot 2024-05-24 071308.png

Edited by Ty J
  • Like 2