Rear stabilizer jack clearance

Hello friends. Just a quick question to those of you who are in the know.  After visiting the Mother Ship recently to satisfy a few questions in our minds, another rose after we were home. Where we plan to store our LE2 between trips is our 2nd driveway which has a 6-8 inch curb at the at the beginning and must be crossed to enter the driveway. Our question is: 

In their most retracted position, what is the distance in inches between the bottom of the rear stabilizer jacks and the street? Just wanna be sure we’re not going to drag jacks off crossing the curb while backing Ollie over it.

Your expert opinions and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance  

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

@Against The Wind I believe you should be good, my trailer is in storage, if nobody chimes in I can check for you tomorrow

Edited by rich.dev

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Roof Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter), added 400W Renogy Solar suitcase with Victron MPPT 100/30 CC, Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

I'm parked on slightly uneven ground right now but I'd estimate at least 10" of clearance. Hopefully someone parked on pavement can give you an exact number.

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

17 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Incidentally, 8" is a pretty big curb to push the tires over. Can you lay some lumber down to ease over it?

Yes, do this. The shackles (correct term?) can flip over on the Oliver leaf springs and when that occurs you’ll have to run over another curb to straighten them out! Happened to me once when testing an EZ-Jack and there is a thread here about reversing it.

Just measured ours at just over 12”. Be careful to stop the electric lift prior to topping out so not to damage the jack gears. 

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Thanks so much friends. Your experience is worth so much to a greenhorn like us. 6-8 inches is a rough estimate for the curb. It rises up at a pretty mild slope and did ok with my boat before I sold it. It just struck me as I looked at some photos of campers that it could be a potential problem. Thanks again for your input. 😃 We hope to become owners soon and will be asking more questions in the near future. 

• Like 1

• Moderator+
4 hours ago, Against The Wind said:

Hello friends. Just a quick question to those of you who are in the know.  After visiting the Mother Ship recently to satisfy a few questions in our minds, another rose after we were home. Where we plan to store our LE2 between trips is our 2nd driveway which has a 6-8 inch curb at the at the beginning and must be crossed to enter the driveway. Our question is: 

In their most retracted position, what is the distance in inches between the bottom of the rear stabilizer jacks and the street? Just wanna be sure we’re not going to drag jacks off crossing the curb while backing Ollie over it.

Your expert opinions and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance  

Our Hull # 050 has exactly 11 inches from the floor of the garage to the bottom of the rear jack feet. BUT, our early build came with the (then standard) 16" wheels and tires. The standard for the currently produced trailers is 15" wheels and tires which might make about 1/2" difference.

• Like 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg