Wandering Sagebrush Posted yesterday at 04:26 PM Posted yesterday at 04:26 PM Because of the location of the water fill connection I find it difficult to attach the typical RV water hose without cross threading it a few times. The hose is too flexible to get it aligned easily. The solution I found is a hose leader from DeWalt, it has a ridged section that makes alignment easier. The leader is not approved for RV water systems, so I don’t use it on the city water connection, it’s just to fill the tank. Before connecting, I purge it for a few minutes to hopefully remove any residual chemicals. 1 Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L
jd1923 Posted yesterday at 05:34 PM Posted yesterday at 05:34 PM 1 Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!
taylor.coyote Posted yesterday at 05:55 PM Posted yesterday at 05:55 PM (edited) another solution: quick release Many options for quick release parts are available. Below is an example. You should do your own research. Be sure to find solid brass without lead content. The parts I have are all brass, do not have O rings and have never leaked. https://www.amazon.com/VEASEER-Connect-Connector-No-Leak-Fittings/dp/B0B1DK7RRT/ref=asc_df_B0B1DK7RRT?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80195839596703&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=86946&hvtargid=pla-4583795319923287&hvocijid=3404890068333995373-B0B1DK7RRT-&hvexpln=0&th=1 Edited 23 hours ago by topgun2 turned pic 2 2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124 Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4 / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel Fieldbrook, Ca
2008RN Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago (edited) I used Eley Hose quick disconnects. I have used Eley products for around 15 years. They are superb products although expensive. I used the hose leader as shown above to hook to the RV Hose bib. Then the other side is the Female Quick disconnect. I have 3 different hoses of differing lengths with the quick disconnect fittings on them. I have a 2 stage filter with dial pressure regulator and eley shutoff valve and Eley quick disconnects. Finally the city water, Fresh water, and boondock fill all have the Male disconnects on them. I removed the screw in stoppers and connected 1" rubber Chair leg Caps to the chains to seal the male quick disconnects. With all of the disconnects I am able to connect everything up in just a couple of minutes. I do have to lean over for about 10 seconds, but that's it. Sorry for the upside down picture. Just an Eley plug. We have 2 acres, and we bought 2 Eley hose reels with one with 175 ft hose and the other 200 ft. (My wife does want automatic sprinklers) I went through several $150 reels lasting a couple of years each before failing before finding Eley. All of my hoses have Eley shutoffs and sprinkler accessories all have Eley quick disconnects. Everything Eley is 5/8" inside diameter all the way through and my hose bibs are 3/4" with 1' pipe feed from the well. I have never had a problem with any Eley products. In the long run, I have saved money on not replacing hoses and reels on a regular basis. Edited 5 hours ago by topgun2 turn pic 3 Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 2020 Elite II Twin - Hull # 648
2008RN Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago thanks @topgun2 Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 2020 Elite II Twin - Hull # 648
jd1923 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago (edited) 11 hours ago, 2008RN said: I used Eley Hose quick disconnects. I have used Eley products for around 15 years. I purchased Eley per Patriot's recommendation about 18 months ago. They work great but the internal rubber O-rings stretch and go bad quickly (buy extras). I spent $270 with Eley (plus another $50 on the splitter, extensions and caps). We bring Camco 25' and 10' hoses ($60). The 10' hose is usually all we need at a campsite, both hoses together allows us to pump water from TV to TT when hitched. We must use rigid hoses vs. all those shrinkable kinds, since a rigid hose is required to suction water through the boondocking port. This is everything we need for camping, and yeah that's a lot of money, wow $380 total. I did not put Eley connections on the black tank rinse hose where we use a different hose. I also like these 6" extensions. They are likely the only part that is not good brass. You can find a stainless version. We don't worry since we don't drink from our tanks and lead in water affects children, not seniors. https://www.amazon.com/LIULO-TOOL-Hose-Protector-Extension/dp/B0FS1DM918/ The 6" extensions keep me from craning my neck under the hull and the fourth one connected to the splitter connects to the home or campground hose bib. You need a splitter to release pressure in the hose otherwise the Eley fittings will not easily disconnect. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CSFP66NW/ I've gotten tired of the hose seals provided with most parts and these are more solid (rubber not silicone). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PG4BHHG/ These parts being so expensive, I could not see buying extras to cap off the Fresh, City and Boondocking ports. I just use 1" furniture leg caps. I had found white ones and they were discontinued. Now I use these simple black ones. They stay on nicely and if you loose one the 20-pack is cheap. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KVSWXD2/ Edited 1 hour ago by jd1923 1 Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!
Moderators topgun2 Posted 1 hour ago Moderators Posted 1 hour ago 59 minutes ago, 2008RN said: thanks @topgun2 You're welcome. Bill 2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist" Near Asheville, NC
2008RN Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 36 minutes ago, jd1923 said: They work great but the internal rubber O-rings stretch I have been lucky, I have only had to place one O'ring over the years. I use Eley silicone grease on the Male fitting O'ring at the beginning of each season. I like the Tee on the 6" extension coming from the RV hose bib. Great when you need water for another need. 1 Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 2020 Elite II Twin - Hull # 648
jd1923 Posted 52 minutes ago Posted 52 minutes ago (edited) 28 minutes ago, 2008RN said: I have been lucky, I have only had to place one O'ring over the years. I use Eley silicone grease on the Male fitting O'ring at the beginning of each season. I like the Tee on the 6" extension coming from the RV hose bib. Great when you need water for another need. It's likely climate. Those into "old cars" know that you want to buy something from the SW since they are mostly rust free. But if you need good plastic or rubber parts, you won't find them on the same car. You're in Oregon and we're in Arizona and that's the difference. I've changed the O-ring in every connector within one year of use. I purchased the dozen extra, so no big deal. When out I'll go to our local HW store for these O-rings so not to incur shipping costs for another Eley order. I also found that Eley is not good about answering emails (or web form inquiries) but their products are very good. I use the Tee most often to relieve pressure in the hose line to disconnect. Or to rinse my hands and splash water in my face which is near impossible in the Oliver bathroom sink! Or as you wrote "for another need" it is convenient. Edited 49 minutes ago by jd1923 Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now