Funny Story

STEVEnBETTY

I can attest to the boondocking capabilities of our 2017 Elite ll, we took delivery of ours in may and have traveled about 6,000 miles so far, and on every trip we have stayed at friends homes at least part of the time, without hookups of any sort. This revelation prompted one of my friends to comment that we're "seeing America one driveway at a time"!!!!!

• Thanks 4

STEVEnBETTY

• Moderators

Lol. We've done a little bit of driveway camping visiting family.

And, isn't it nice to head out to your own house on wheels at the end of the evening? We bring our own bed, no suitcases dragging in and out...

I don't feel like we are imposing quite so much. They (and we) can still go about normal house routine without someone else in the mix. Even though we take up some driveway space...

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Yes, but, when my friends ask me to move the Ollie so that he can get his truck out at 5 am I'm not so happy.  Perhaps we should have thought about that prior to that first glass of .......

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I really like my friends comment, he also added that I’m cheap, I countered that I prefer frugal, but I couldn’t disagree with him!!  

It’s hard to imagine calling somebody who owns a small uber-quality $60k trailer cheap......

But I am frugal in other things.... I suspect it is the non-frugal people who buy new stick built trailers that lose all their value in a few years.... one reason I picked an Ollie is that they do not depreciate much.

Frugal is good, cheap is not.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.