"To Equalize or Not to Equalize: That is the Question

hobo

Hobo, sorry about the slow response, I went with the air lift brand. It’s a simple set up, no compressor, I just air up as needed. They only took about 1 hour to install on my F150.

steve

Thanks Steve,

I was moving in the direction of the Air Lift brand so you just confirmed my thoughts.  Did you install yourself or did you have the dealer do that?  I am thinking of installing myself.  It looked pretty straight forward.

• Thanks 1

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Hobo, sorry about the slow response, I went with the air lift brand. It’s a simple set up, no compressor, I just air up as needed. They only took about 1 hour to install on my F150.

I was moving in the direction of the Air Lift brand so you just confirmed my thoughts. Did you install yourself or did you have the dealer do that? I am thinking of installing myself. It looked pretty straight forward.

Steve and Hobo,

Installed Firestone airbags on our Tacoma without air compressor, been working fine for five years.

Plan to install airbags on the Tundra. After reading your posts checked out Air Lift airbags, they have good reviews for competitive pricing. I'm going with Air Lift airbags, too.

Thanks for the information!

Bill #75 LE2 Tundra

The air lift bags on my f150 are the second set I installed myself, the first set was on a 2003 Silverado that i bought new and sold when I bought the f150, they still work without issues. The installation on the f150 was really easy, simple bolt on and route air hoses, the Silverado required some drilling.

steve

• Thanks 1

STEVEnBETTY

Yep, pickup truck bags are usually fast to install. On a truck like mine it takes more work since they go inside the coil springs, about three hours labor.

This is a big green star for a pickup truck. You can replace a bad bag quickly, if it should ever fail. As long as you keep the minimum pressure in them, 5 psi for Firestone, they should not have a problem for many years, unless you smoosh a sharp stone into one.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 2 years later...

I think there is an element missing from this discussion and that is Safety!

I can't think of a situation, Towing an Oliver Elite 2 without a WDH/Anti Sway control. IMHO this invites a problem! In an ideal world you want the Tow Vehicle's and the Trailer's weight to be spread out between both vehicles, while also providing protection against Sway. Compromising anyone one of these, can't be a good idea and can lead to real trouble!